Hey guys.
I'm new here and I'm in search of advice for my future purchase(That may be at the end of the year)
I'm looking in to buying a new guitar with an amp online. And I know people say that that's a bad idea but there is no other way for me because stores here suck(I live in Latvia EU).
The online store, I'm thinking, andertones.
But the stuff it self: Standart Strat with Rosewood fretboard, even tho I think I like maple better but people say that rosewood produces "warmer" sound so I think that's what I want.
And a Blues Junior 3 with reverb.
But nothing is decided and can be changed but a budget can't go much higher.

So any advice on the matter will be appreciated.
In terms of what kind of sound I want, I don't quite know.... I think warm jazzy, blues kinda sound is nice but I also like some hard rock stuff, even some metal at times.
I do plan maybe adding a multipedal thing in the future just to experiment.
That's a pretty good setup but don't expect much in the hard rock and metal departments. The rosewood and maple thing tone is very negligible. Most of it is aesthetic and feel. If you like maple, get maple.
Quote by JELIFISH19
That's a pretty good setup but don't expect much in the hard rock and metal departments.

Yes, but a good distortion pedal may help the Strat+Blues Jr. cover those grounds, albeit not perfectly.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
just watch the postage costs. UK postage to anywhere outside the UK is very, very expensive for some reason. it might make more sense to get from thomann or someone like that who might have better postage costs.

thomann also has a special run standard strat currently with better pickups than the MIM standard, for the same price. I haven't tried it, but assuming it's the same thing, it sounds like a decent idea.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/news_msg_exklusiver_klassiker_fender_standard_strat_60th_anniversary.html

(If you've already checked andertons' postage costs and it's not too much then ignore this )

EDIT: how much of the heavier stuff do you think you'll be playing? An HSS strat might be better.

Also if you're playing a fair bit a more metal-orientated (or at least less clean-orientated) amp might be a better idea, too.

Conversely if you're mainly playing the bluesy/jazzy stuff a pro junior is a bit less and sounds as good, maybe better, while will still take distortion pedals well.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Jun 1, 2014,
I should have mentiond that I have an Epiphone Les Paul, and I asume that this would be the guitar for rock, metal stuff.

The tomann seems like a pretty good music store aswell, and they're guitar dose seem like a good choice, do you guys think it will survive till end of the year?

And about the amp, should I stick with my decision to get a tube amp?
And is there really no better amp for that money, I could probably go for 600eu.
Thanx for the help.
The rosewood or maple fretboard won't make a noticeable difference. Get what you want and don't let other people change yourdecisio to much.
Quote by theevilalex
I should have mentiond that I have an Epiphone Les Paul, and I asume that this would be the guitar for rock, metal stuff.

Yes, your Epiphone Les Paul will be better for the heaviest rock and metal genres, while the Strat will be perfect for rock, blues, indie, etc.

Quote by theevilalex
The tomann seems like a pretty good music store aswell, and they're guitar dose seem like a good choice, do you guys think it will survive till end of the year?

In my experience, Thomann is excellent. I've been a frequent customer of theirs for years, and I've had no problems whatsoever.

Why wouldn't that Fender Strat "survive till end of the year"?
As long as you take good care of it, it'll probably outlive you.

Quote by theevilalex
And about the amp, should I stick with my decision to get a tube amp?
And is there really no better amp for that money, I could probably go for 600eu.

The Fender Blues Jr. is a great amp, but for 600€ there are multiple options available.
It depends on which genres you want to play.
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
Ampeg GVT52-112
Linkerman: By "survive" I mean sell out. This is a limited edition strat and it came out in february, I was wondering can they're stock last till the end of the year?
Quote by theevilalex
Linkerman: By "survive" I mean sell out. This is a limited edition strat and it came out in february, I was wondering can they're stock last till the end of the year?

I have no idea how many they have in stock and how fast they're selling them, so it's impossible to predict.
Maybe e-mail Thomann and ask them?
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by theevilalex
(a) I should have mentiond that I have an Epiphone Les Paul, and I asume that this would be the guitar for rock, metal stuff.

(b) The tomann seems like a pretty good music store aswell, and they're guitar dose seem like a good choice, do you guys think it will survive till end of the year?

(c) And about the amp, should I stick with my decision to get a tube amp?
Thanx for the help.

(a) yeah if you're willing to use the epi for heavier stuff then an SSS strat will be fine, and should afford you some extra versatility too.

(b) Yeah thomann is pretty good, in my experience anyway. I had one situation where I sent an amp back to be repaired and they, er, didn't fix it (but then when I sent it back again they replaced it, so all's well that ends well, just it was annoying at the time ), but other than that I've been very pleased with them.

I'm not sure about the strat. It is a limited model, so it could well sell out. I just don't know how many they're getting, how quickly they'll sell once they get them, etc. They do seem to be a pretty decent deal, assuming they're built as well as the MIM standard I'd probably get one of them instead of the standard (as i said, better pickups for the same price, plus I like 22 frets). It just depends on whether other people agree with me or not.

(c) I reckon so, tubes are awesome, in my opinion at least, and assuming you don't have to play at whisper volume all the time (they don't need to be cranked to 10 to sound good but at super-low whisper volumes they don't sound so good). It just depends on the tones you want. At your budget you can get really good-sounding tube amps, but they might not be amazing-sounding at every different genre.

For example, the fender blues and pro junior have great cleans, but for anything heavier than classic rock (and maybe even as heavy as classic rock), they're not so good, at least without some distortion pedals (and even then, probably won't sound and feel as good as a more distortion-orientated tube amp will).

Around your budget (actually a bit cheaper than the fenders) thomann has jet cities- they're crazy good value, but tend to be more aimed at higher gain distortion tones. They don't really do fender cleans (though the 2x12 combo might, I haven't tried it and it has the rep of having much better cleans... 2x12 combos are bulky and heavy, though, and the stock jet city speakers aren't great and replacing two speakers gets expensive), so again you have something which sounds really good for the price, but only so long as it does the type of tone you want.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Jun 2, 2014,