I've been looking into the new Line 6 AMPLIFi 150 and although it seems like a cool concept, I was looking for some honest feedback from anybody who owns one. Also I was wondering how the amp works as far as easily switching between tones. For instance, if I were playing the song One by Metallica, how easily could I switch between the clean tones and the distortion tones. Would I have to pause the song and select one of the two tones from the tone matching within the app or is the amp/app compatible with something like a Line 6 FBV MKII footswitch where I would have the option of saving the tones onto the pedal? Any feedback I could get would be much appreciated.
I really like the AmpliFi series, and the 150 is pretty great. As far as switching, there IS an input on the back of the amp for an FBV switch, so you shouldn't have too much trouble there. You can also edit the four A.B.C.D. presets already on the physical amp to whatever you want. Let me know how it works out for you!
I can only listen to so many breakdowns and "spoken word" vocals before I wanna puke.

I find Jennette McCurdy attractive, but Elizabeth Gillies and Debby Ryan much more so.

That's enough, Djent people. We get it.
In the Line 6 Amplfi Specs on the website:

* Compatible with Line 6 FBV MkII Foot Controllers
It is compatible, and from my experience I can tell you they actually sound damn good. Way better than I expected
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
Who's gonna need a 150w? Seems like most people won't be using them on stage so the ones with lower wattage are a better bet.

Or you could save up for a bit and get something better. I'm not a fan of low end modelling but the HD500 and GT100 are much better. If you have the cash get the 11 Rack. The docking capabilities are a moot point for me.
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

Last edited by Mephaphil at Jun 1, 2014,
Quote by Mephaphil
Who's gonna need a 150w? Seems like most people won't be using them on stage so the ones with lower wattage are a better bet.

Clean headroom. It's not like the volume difference is going to be very big anyway.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Mephaphil

Or you could save up for a bit and get something better. I'm not a fan of low end modelling but the HD500 and GT100 are much better. If you have the cash get the 11 Rack. The docking capabilities are a moot point for me.

Having tried both it isn't a question of loudness but headroom. But a bigger fact is that the 150 has much better speakers. much more bass response.
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
The Amplifi seems to be using a bunch of flat response speakers and not traditional guitar speakers.

It's more like a PA speaker, if anything, and I believe the 150 has larger LF drivers.
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
Quote by Mephaphil

You're thinking of wattage as you would a normal guitar amp. I have an ordinary pair of KRK Rokit 8s, and they've got 100W apiece, divided 75W to LF, 25 to HF, and they're only pushing 8" woofers. The 150W,in this case, will be a better bet for producing clean bottom end. It's also got bigger LF drivers, needs the extra power down low.
Yea I know, but I thinking of how I would use it, around the house instead of an amp and it just seems too big and powerful for that.

But the point about the headroom is valid, but when would most need it if it's aimed as being a practice amp type thing?
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

Last edited by Mephaphil at Jun 2, 2014,
Quote by Mephaphil
Yea I know, but I thinking of how I would use it, around the house instead of an amp and it just seems too big and powerful for that.

But the point about the headroom is valid, but when would most need it if it's aimed as being a practice amp type thing?

Actually yeah, looking back at the promotional material it does look like they're going for a home practice type deal with it... in which case I agree that 150w is overkill and completely ridiculous.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Actually yeah, looking back at the promotional material it does look like they're going for a home practice type deal with it... in which case I agree that 150w is overkill and completely ridiculous.

You're judging from a set of specs on a brochure.

Remember that this amp also functions as a small stereo system (via Bluetooth streaming), and that a woofer trying to reproduce a note an octave down at the same volume needs to move four times as much air. That 150W is divided into about 75W per side. My Rokit 8's have 75W for the 8" woofer alone, and the subwoofer I bought for them has 225W.

I really suggest you see the things in person before you drop "overkill and completely ridiculous" on us.
Quote by dspellman
You're judging from a set of specs on a brochure.

Remember that this amp also functions as a small stereo system (via Bluetooth streaming), and that a woofer trying to reproduce a note an octave down at the same volume needs to move four times as much air. That 150W is divided into about 75W per side. My Rokit 8's have 75W for the 8" woofer alone, and the subwoofer I bought for them has 225W.

I really suggest you see the things in person before you drop "overkill and completely ridiculous" on us.

I'm sorry, are you implying that a 150w practice amp is reasonable? Because all the promo material I can see is people at home, nothing to do with bands. To be honest, I haven't looked at the specs at all but looking at the way they're actually promoting it... I don't really see the point. 150w is overkill for a home practice amp and that's how they're marketing it

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
I'm not in a band.

(I wish I was)
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
I'm sorry, are you implying that a 150w practice amp is reasonable? Because all the promo material I can see is people at home, nothing to do with bands. To be honest, I haven't looked at the specs at all but looking at the way they're actually promoting it... I don't really see the point. 150w is overkill for a home practice amp and that's how they're marketing it

Yup, that's what I said. Unclear on the concept.
Quote by dspellman
Yup, that's what I said. Unclear on the concept.

Well shit, that's what I get for reading posts at fuck-o-clock in the morning. Zero actual comprehension. Sorry dude, totally my fault!

Ok, that kind of wattage for something that's trying to be a stereo system is much more reasonable. I'm still not entirely convinced on the virtues of trying to integrate something like that in to a guitar amp but it seems much less stupid now at least

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.