I've been having troubles with following rhythm in some metallica songs, and I don't know if I didn't get the feel of the song yet, or it's another issue (everyone says Lars Ulric sucks though). Dyer's eve for example, I can play descently with following guitar pro, but when I play with song, I am not precise (in the verse part with those simple power chords), drums feels out of rhythm. I had the same problem with ride the lightning. The other songs I don't have problem this kind. Anyone has the same "metallica drums" problem? Or I just suck
maybe you're finding it easier to play along with guitar pro because of the visual cue?

also, i don't know about metallica specifically, but don't be surprised if there are minor fluctuations in tempo. it could just be the drummer or the band accidentally slowing down slightly and then trying to catch up, or the whole thing might even be recorded without a metronome. just follow the song more carefully and don't tense up.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by vIsIbleNoIsE
maybe you're finding it easier to play along with guitar pro because of the visual cue?

also, i don't know about metallica specifically, but don't be surprised if there are minor fluctuations in tempo. it could just be the drummer or the band accidentally slowing down slightly and then trying to catch up, or the whole thing might even be recorded without a metronome. just follow the song more carefully and don't tense up.

I don't know, it's just sounds off. And the reason why I think it's something wrong with the drums is beacuse I am having trouble with sustained power chords part, and it's the easiest part of the song, so it makes me wonder, am I idiot?