So, I got myself a new cabinet. DIY model, fitted with 2 Eminence V12s.

I wasn't really looking for a cabinet. But the day we had a gig (1st of May) a guitarist friend of mine was using my cabinet for his band's playing and he really digged the sound. So then after a while I thought that if I could test his cabinet and see if I liked it more than I did mine. And I did, that was on Thursday, but that was only on bedroom levels so I couldn't tell for real. Today we had band rehearsals and damn, I love this cabinet. It fits my sound better than my old one, that had G12T-75s. While I liked that sound too, this one fits better. Probably one of the steps I am taking to changing my sound to more my liking, which has got a bit on the brighter side. This one I think has more pronounced mids I'd say and the treble side layers nicely on it. Next ahead, who knows what changes I really dig my sound now.

Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

nice

yeah v12s have more mids than g12t75s. the v12s (to my ears) are sort of like mellower v30s. ish.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah well, haven't got the chance to try V30s with any amps, so hard to say, no personal experience. The bass side is a bit gone now or at least it isn't as pronounced as with G12T-75s, but hey, that's why we have a bassist

Thanks.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

haha no worries

and yeah v12s would have less bass (or at least tighter) than g12t-75s
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?