So, I recently saw an ad on Craigslist for the Schecter C1 Plus, and I loved it. I think it looks gorgeous. I did some research and most of the reviews said that classic rock, which is my main genre, is its primary forte, unlike some other Schecters. However, I currently have a 2010 PRS SE Custom 24 that is doing the job pretty well. Can anyone tell me, preferably from experience, which of the two is better for the task?
They are both decent guitars. But I'd take the Schecter because I hate flat-top PRS guitars
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Does the Schecter have more of an arch in the top? Because that's what it looks like.
Quote by maddog61
Does the Schecter have more of an arch in the top? Because that's what it looks like.

Yes it is carved out
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
There's a scale difference here to take into account as well, OP. The Schecter has 25.5" whereas the PRS has 25". If you're JUST doing classic rock though, I'd stick to the PRS. The Schecter might have pickups that aren't as subtle as you'd like.
7 STRING LEGION

Damned Icon - Invictus

Quote by SYLrules88
im not very good with that harmonic thing. i get them to match perfectly then i play a chord and it sounds like hellen keller singing

Music Man
PRS
Mesa Boogie
Quote by Nico the Great
There's a scale difference here to take into account as well, OP. The Schecter has 25.5" whereas the PRS has 25". If you're JUST doing classic rock though, I'd stick to the PRS. The Schecter might have pickups that aren't as subtle as you'd like.

If they are the Schecter pickups? if so, they really are pretty bad for just about anything
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
They’re both fine Korean guitars and are probably made at the same factory. Both are suitable for a wide range of uses. Try them and buy the one you like.
Quote by Nico the Great

The C-1 Plus is a 24 3/4" scale

Quote by Robbgnarly
If they are the Schecter pickups? if so, they really are pretty bad for just about anything

They are duncan designed pickups
I would take a Schecter Diamond Series over PRS SE every day of the week. Own both a PRS SE Custom and a Schecter Blackjack ATX V-1.

Why? The Schecter is flawless, and with a Tonepros-bridge, Seymour Duncan Blackouts and Grover tuners it doesn't need any upgrades.

My PRS SE came with loose tuners, loose input-jack, sharp fret-ends and a laquer-stain on the fretboard. The tuners are inferior, the nut is horrible, the pickups and hardware are PRS own - not really that good.

When it comes to more subjective stuff, Schecters "Thin-C" is my favourite neck profile while the "Wide Thin" on the PRS is my least favourite.

Update: The factory that produces the SE-line is World Musical Instruments in Korea (as stated on the headstock) and it is also believed that it is the same factory that makes Schecter, but I haven't been able to find anything other than speculations from the supposed location of the factory when looking around.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
Last edited by HomerSGR at Jun 3, 2014,
I've been playing guitar for well over twenty five years, harder more rock type stuff at first and then softer jazzier more complex stuff later. What I found from owning both is it really depends on what you prefer. Schecters are great for that distorted harder playing but not very good on the softer end. And though PRS SE's are very decent at the harder stuff, I find that they have a very nice clean warm jazz tone as well. So it really depends on your Playing style.
I own the C-1 plus with duncan designed pickups and I don't like it. In fact, I'm probably going to sell it. Yes, it does look beautiful. There are better guitars though.

If you are going Schecter used, I think the Schecter C-1 Classic is a much better guitar. Also, I seem them go sometimes for ridiculously low prices. Its a neck through body guitar with real duncan pickups. Great high gain tones on bridge pickup and a really nice clean tone on the second pickup position that employs the coil tap. The other pickup positions are nothing special in my opinion, but those two positions make the guitar a keeper.