My buddy has a silverface Fender Champ from the 70's, and its awesome, but it doesn't work. It quit last summer, and my buddy says that he thinks he blew a fuse. Now, its rated for a 1A 125V fuse, but the one that blew, I'm pretty sure as it looked different from the other ones I tried, was a 1A 250V fuse.

I tried new 1A 250V fuses, and the amp turned on for a second, and then the fuse blew. Is there something wrong internally? Unless its a bad idea, I'm going to try 2A and 2.5A fuses tomorrow. Did a tube blow and I'm just silly and don't recognize it? They seem fine looking at them, but I don't know enough.

Hopefully its an easy enough fix, and something simple.

Thanks guys.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
It probably needs a slow blow (sometimes called timed) fuse.
When you turn an amp on, there is usually a rush of over spec current (maybe a few milliseconds), that will blow a normal fuse.
The slow blow fuses are designed to account for this.
Check out mouser.com
Or even Radioshack.
Last edited by CodeMonk at Jun 1, 2014,
IIRC they are indeed slow blow. Don't worry about the voltage rating, that's just a maximum voltage before flash over. The voltage rating can't be too big, just too small.
If a slow blow 1A fuse blows then it's most likely that it needs a new power tube. JJ 6V6's are a really good tube, maybe the best tube JJ make and they aren't expensive.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification