I can't find any in my area to test out for myself so I was curious as to what you guys had to say about them.

I've heard good things about them, terrible things about them, and so-so things about them.

I'm most interested in the Mira, but I'm really curious about the entire line.
I haz gotten gud
I have an S2 Cu24 and I bought a used SE 245 earlier this week. The SE I have is a mighty fine guitar, but my S2 blows it away.

Most of the negative that I've heard about the S2 is people bitchin' about how much more it costs than the SE line and that it can't be that much better of a guitar than the SE's. I have both, and the S2 is clearly the better guitar, even bone stock. I don't plan on changing anything on S2. Even the stock pups sound pretty good. If I do change them, it will be for a JB and Jazz combo, which is all about personal taste to me. It certainly wouldn't be out of necessity.

If you picked one up I think you would love it and see the difference. As these start to hit the used market I think they would be an amazing deal for the price. Right now, I'd happily pay the cash for another one if I had the money to spend.
Ibanez SR1200E
Quote by pachap
I have an S2 Cu24 and I bought a used SE 245 earlier this week. The SE I have is a mighty fine guitar, but my S2 blows it away.

Most of the negative that I've heard about the S2 is people bitchin' about how much more it costs than the SE line and that it can't be that much better of a guitar than the SE's. I have both, and the S2 is clearly the better guitar, even bone stock. I don't plan on changing anything on S2. Even the stock pups sound pretty good. If I do change them, it will be for a JB and Jazz combo, which is all about personal taste to me. It certainly wouldn't be out of necessity.

If you picked one up I think you would love it and see the difference. As these start to hit the used market I think they would be an amazing deal for the price. Right now, I'd happily pay the cash for another one if I had the money to spend.

That's good to hear. I used to have an se Cu24 but the neck profile never really suited me.

If they hold their value as poorly as the se's do then they should go for around 6-700$ used, right?

I'd have to dump a new bridge on the Mira because I use 10's and I'm assuming the standard bridge is intonation for 9's. Then again I love that bridge because it's so stable, so maybe I could just live with 9's.
I haz gotten gud
Get a used PRS CE22/24 for $800-$1000 much better guitars than the S2. They are identical to the PRS Cu22/24 but they have a bolt-thru maple neck.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
The S2s have the USA made quality but the necks use scarf joints and the HW is apparently on the same level as the SE line or at;east not the same as the standard US models. You're paying for that US pedigree.
Moving on.....
Quote by KenG
The S2s have the USA made quality but the necks use scarf joints and the HW is apparently on the same level as the SE line or at;east not the same as the standard US models. You're paying for that US pedigree.

Hardware wise you the only upgrade I see is the locking tuners.

Some people are saying they are pretty much for people that don't realize how good the Korean se's are or they just don't want se on the headstock.

Either that or there is pixie dust used in Maryland.

You can get like three or four used se's for the cost of a new s2 so I'm really just considering getting a used se and just dumping new pups, locking tuners, and maybe a good setup in for about half the cost of a new s2.

Or just get an older used Maryland made one for somewhere under a grand.
I haz gotten gud
I picked up a custom 24 s2 in a trade recently and its much better then I thought it would be. There's always going to be better deals on used guitars but if you want a new guitar its better then most guitars in the same price range.
The S2 is still pretty much all foreign made. Just Maryland assembled.

Id either go for an SE or a used SE22/24 than what a S2 goes for.
Quote by cheesefries
The S2 is still pretty much all foreign made. Just Maryland assembled.

Id either go for an SE or a used SE22/24 than what a S2 goes for.

Now I can't agree with that at all.
The S2 is made in the USA it just has the SE trem. that is far from being foreign made.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I got to play an SE, S2, and USA Custom 24 side by side last week in the store.

I liked the S2, I just didn't feel like it was so much better than the SE that it would justify being double the cost. I would be much more willing to get an SE and upgrade it to my own liking. The S2 is still great if you want a guitar that you don't have to modify, that looks more (but not exactly) like the PRS core line.

It still didn't feel like a PRS USA though I think if they wanted to release a better guitar for that price range, they should have released one with the same curves and hardware as their core line, and given it a very stripped down finish, similar to what Gibson made when they released the Les Paul Studio. I'd be all over that guitar!
Quote by Ghostmaker
I got to play an SE, S2, and USA Custom 24 side by side last week in the store.

I liked the S2, I just didn't feel like it was so much better than the SE that it would justify being double the cost. I would be much more willing to get an SE and upgrade it to my own liking. The S2 is still great if you want a guitar that you don't have to modify, that looks more (but not exactly) like the PRS core line.

It still didn't feel like a PRS USA though I think if they wanted to release a better guitar for that price range, they should have released one with the same curves and hardware as their core line, and given it a very stripped down finish, similar to what Gibson made when they released the Les Paul Studio. I'd be all over that guitar!

PRS used to have a line like that called the CE (Classic Electric) which was the cheapest USA made PRS. It had all the carving, hardware and electronics of the Custom series but a bolt-tru neck. It did have a Maple cap (some were solid mahogany) but they were a bare-bones guitar.
There was also the PRS Standard series which was identical to the Custom 22/24 but it had a solid Mahogany body with no maple cap.

Even the CE I bought years ago new had a price tag of $1995 and that was in 2002. So really there are no cheap PRS guitars.

My friend calls them "Doctor/Lawyer guitars because that is about all that can afford them"
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate