Page 1 of 6
What movie was the worst movie you saw or was a big let down? For me it was the purge.
Quote by lolmnt
I love to have my vag pounded by guys who make lame threads on the internet!

Quote by snipelfritz
This thread topic is gold. I've been on this website for 8 years and I've never come up with anything like this. So yeah. Great job TS[457undead].
the room
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
boogie nights
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
the green mile
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
scott pilgrim vs the world & the avengers

The Artist

Quote by MinterMan22
mortal kombat annihilation

scott pilgrim vs the world

too bad YOU will DIE.
Last edited by severed-metal at Jun 2, 2014,
you mean a movie i went into thinking it was gonna be cool but it ended up sucking? a whole batch of comedies with great actors but no chemistry and stupid ass plots.
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
the green mile
oh no it is good its not way too long and boring and sucks
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I'm still hurt that M. Night fell so far from Unbreakable and (debatable) Signs, so any of his movies past those, really.
Quote by lolmnt
boogie nights

Quote by Bob_Sacamano
the green mile

Quote by lemmyisgod97
Brazil.

-_-
Quote by lolmnt
I love to have my vag pounded by guys who make lame threads on the internet!

Quote by snipelfritz
This thread topic is gold. I've been on this website for 8 years and I've never come up with anything like this. So yeah. Great job TS[457undead].
Quote by blake1221
I'm still hurt that M. Night fell so far from Unbreakable and (debatable) Signs, so any of his movies past those, really.

are you one of those people that thought signs was pretty sweet or one of those people who thought signs was pathetic?
Quote by severed-metal
too bad YOU will DIE.

it's a masterpiece :')

Quote by Eastwinn
are you one of those people that thought signs was pretty sweet or one of those people who thought signs was pathetic?

Big fan of the movie, totally aware of its flaws but I still like it. Huge soft spot for it too in how much it scared me the first time I watched it. I was 12, but still man.
hey eastwinn i like signs too
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by blake1221
Big fan of the movie, totally aware of its flaws but I still like it. Huge soft spot for it too in how much it scared me the first time I watched it. I was 12, but still man.

i am also a fan. it was a good take on alien invasion, imo. the whole "water bla bla 70% of the earth" stuff i just ignore.

Quote by lolmnt
hey eastwinn i like signs too

sike i hate it
Quote by blake1221

People like to rip on the water weakness thing as a plot hole, but I think it still makes sense. If we were to travel across the galaxy and find another planet with intelligent life on it, but it happened to be 70% molten lava it's not like we'd just go "fuck it, let's move on." We'd explore the shit out of it, despite the obvious danger.
PM me for newts
I've read a theory that they were actually demons and all the water that Beau had left was blessed, and that's fun enough to entertain. But yeah, good take on invasion, plenty of levity with the dialogue and some really sweet moments in thrills and heart :')

Quote by StewieSwan
People like to rip on the water weakness thing as a plot hole, but I think it still makes sense. If we were to travel across the galaxy and find another planet with intelligent life on it, but it happened to be 70% molten lava it's not like we'd just go "fuck it, let's move on." We'd explore the shit out of it, despite the obvious danger.

Oh yeah, totally. The water thing has never bothered me. Like, sure they could have been more prepared, but they were really just pawns for God to remind Mel Gibson that he exists and should totally make a movie about him some day.
Last edited by blake1221 at Jun 2, 2014,
Quote by blake1221
And that score?? Too sick.

Was it you that I talked about how Hitchcockian it gets at times?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by StewieSwan

the alternate theory that gets thrown around that i like quite a lot is that the aliens were actually demons and the water in the house, having been prepared by a priest, was holy water. this explains why the middle east was said to have found some sort of solution to the alien problem, being home to fairly intense religious practices within the abrahamic religions. it also makes the subplot about mel gibson's character losing his faith then regaining it actually fit into the movie.

edit: ninja'd hard
Quote by lolmnt
Was it you that I talked about how Hitchcockian it gets at times?

Yes, you were the one to point that out, and I believe some Twilight Zone-esque parts if I'm not mistaken?

The Hitchcockian thing totally stuck with me though, because I'll still think about his work when I watch or think about Signs.

Quote by Eastwinn
the alternate theory that gets thrown around that i like quite a lot is that the aliens were actually demons and the water in the house, having been prepared by a priest, was holy water. this explains why the middle east was said to have found some sort of solution to the alien problem, being home to fairly intense religious practices within the abrahamic religions. it also makes the subplot about mel gibson's character losing his faith then regaining it actually fit into the movie.

hey remember when i just said that

Quote by chev311e

one of the scariest scenes in any movie

Loathed Joaquin after Gladiator.

Loved him forever after this movie.
Last edited by blake1221 at Jun 2, 2014,
Signs was such a good movie and a unique experience
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Quote by Eastwinn

edit: ninja'd hard

Another theory is that this is the same guy that made Avatar: TLAB and Lady in the Water, so I wouldn't read too much into it.
PM me for newts
you guys should really spend more time immersing yourself in alien media.

Quote by StewieSwan
Another theory is that this is the same guy that made Avatar: TLAB and Lady in the Water, so I wouldn't read too much into it.

uh well previous to signs he made unbreakable and the sixth sense so...? stalemate here bud
I was actually still entertained by The Happening and Devil. I know those get a ton of shit, but idk maybe I'm just biased because I like his previous movies
I just love alien stuff. Like being a kid and watching UFO documentaries for two hours before going to bed and then being terrified that they'll abduct me now that I know too much.

Quote by chev311e
I was actually still entertained by The Happening and Devil. I know those get a ton of shit, but idk maybe I'm just biased because I like his previous movies

Happening, I'll back. Marky Mark is hilarious and plants can really do crazy shit.

Devil. No. Can't. The toast. No.
Quote by blake1221
You know what alien movie legitimately sucks but I still enjoy? The Fourth Kind.

alright we're gonna have to go separate ways here. have you seen dark skies though? it's really not that great, but the cgi aliens are flawless
Quote by Eastwinn
uh well previous to signs he made unbreakable and the sixth sense so...? stalemate here bud

But those were when he was less famous and had less creative control, so other, smarter people could have patched up the holes he left. I like to call it The Lucas Effect.
PM me for newts
Quote by Eastwinn
alright we're gonna have to go separate ways here. have you seen dark skies though? it's really not that great, but the cgi aliens are flawless

I like it because it's really blue and there are owls. And in the last shot when the thing speaks through her, her eyes get yellow and pretty freaking looking.

Dark Skies, I kind of dug too. The whole taking a stand against them was pretty sick, even if the entire movie borrowed exstensively from its predecessors.
Quote by blake1221
I like it because it's really blue and there are owls. And in the last shot when the thing speaks through her, her eyes get yellow and pretty freaking looking.

Dark Skies, I kind of dug too. The whole taking a stand against them was pretty sick, even if the entire movie borrowed exstensively from its predecessors.

oh absolutely it hit every home invasion style alien movie trope in existence, but it really hit them hard. but really just this:

so perfect
Quote by StewieSwan

You gotta remember that when Signs came out he was still being called the next Spielberg.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano