Well, I assume you like Yngwie Malmsteen?

First, it is played really well and overall it sounds nice. But as I somewhat grew out of most of this rather generic-sounding shredding, I think what's missing in such things is a more interesting usage of rhythm, as it mostly goes in a strict pace all over. Maybe try either using a bit more "inter-melodies" between the continuous shredding, or perhaps try incorporating some meter changes if you're into that type of rhythmic feel.
Last edited by TLGuitar at Jun 2, 2014,
Quote by TLGuitar
Well, I assume you like Yngwie Malmsteen?

First, it is played really well and overall it sounds nice. But as I somewhat grew out of most of this rather generic-sounding shredding, I think what's missing in such things is a more interesting usage of rhythm, as it mostly goes in a strict pace all over. Maybe try either using a bit more "inter-melodies" between the continuous shredding, or perhaps try incorporating some meter changes if you're into that type of rhythmic feel.

Thanks for you reply and your feedback!Yngwie is one of my main influences..
Im understanding and I agree with you , this is mostly a track about technique.

If you have some time , check out another track from my personal album , more "musical" and melodic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=484S6MFo2OI
This one was great! Shreddy, but not into-your-face so it's easy to listen to.

Just two suggestions - first about the sound of the lead; it was a bit off in the mix to me. I think that you should try give a sound more akin to doubling it with one track thicker and more punchy and the other one more airy and "part of the ambience". Pretty much full of reverb but with lower volume.

And maybe shift the key of the last repeat of the main theme (at about 3:00). Give it a better contrast rather than just playing it one more time.

If you don't mind, take a look at the instrumental I posted here:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1643016

Unfortunately it's just a Guitar Pro preview, and actually I've extended it a bit more since that version, but I'd probably just post that completely recorded. Only I don't have a bass, and I consider if I should buy one and hope it wouldn't be difficult to adapt to/for the mean time digitally manipulate the guitar/use a bass synthesizer?
Quote by TLGuitar
This one was great! Shreddy, but not into-your-face so it's easy to listen to.

Just two suggestions - first about the sound of the lead; it was a bit off in the mix to me. I think that you should try give a sound more akin to doubling it with one track thicker and more punchy and the other one more airy and "part of the ambience". Pretty much full of reverb but with lower volume.

And maybe shift the key of the last repeat of the main theme (at about 3:00). Give it a better contrast rather than just playing it one more time.

If you don't mind, take a look at the instrumental I posted here:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1643016

Unfortunately it's just a Guitar Pro preview, and actually I've extended it a bit more since that version, but I'd probably just post that completely recorded. Only I don't have a bass, and I consider if I should buy one and hope it wouldn't be difficult to adapt to/for the mean time digitally manipulate the guitar/use a bass synthesizer?

Thank you for your feedback and your tips about the lead sound !
I liked your track , really nice prog
The best solution for the bass issue , is to find a bassist that can record some prog basslines in your track.. in the meantime , just export the bass from guitar pro to midi file , import to your DAW and add a virtual one with EZMIX2 in the bass insert for a better sound
Quote by MikeKyre
Thank you for your feedback and your tips about the lead sound !
I liked your track , really nice prog
The best solution for the bass issue , is to find a bassist that can record some prog basslines in your track.. in the meantime , just export the bass from guitar pro to midi file , import to your DAW and add a virtual one with EZMIX2 in the bass insert for a better sound

Well, I don't really got anyone to record that with, but considering digital options, to my understanding Trilian by Spectrasonics is supposed to be quite intuitive and well-sounding. I've seen their demonstration video with someone operating its sounds through a midi-keyboard, which I don't have, but I assume you could program it to your liking through the computer itself as well. Still not as good as actually playing a live bass, but as I assume slap-bass and other techniques I want to incorporate won't come smoothly right away if I'll get a real bass guitar, it might be a more reasonable option at the moment.
Quote by TLGuitar
Well, I don't really got anyone to record that with, but considering digital options, to my understanding Trilian by Spectrasonics is supposed to be quite intuitive and well-sounding. I've seen their demonstration video with someone operating its sounds through a midi-keyboard, which I don't have, but I assume you could program it to your liking through the computer itself as well. Still not as good as actually playing a live bass, but as I assume slap-bass and other techniques I want to incorporate won't come smoothly right away if I'll get a real bass guitar, it might be a more reasonable option at the moment.

Of course the real bass is the best option ! Trilian is one of the best vst instruments for bass and its not necessary to program it...Just open your guitar pro > file > export as midi , then open your DAW , Import midi > turn on Trilian > drag and drop your midi file to Trilian channel and you are done Then you can tweak the velocity of the notes one by one to make a more "humanize" bass sound.
Greetings guys!Guitar Rig 5 users who want the patch that I've used in the video, PM me and Ill send you the download link!
Have a nice day!
Thank you for your feedback and your kind words dude!These songs are samples from my forthcoming personal album..Im playing in several bands atm and also as a session guitarist.
Here is a sample of my band "Conspiranoia" ,its music style is more metal than my personal songs.Anyway I hope that you will like it!

http://youtu.be/rrFCcQYUHB8

Im on the road atm,Ill check your video as soon as I get back home.
Cheers!
-Mike