See what happens when you mix Coca Cola and Milk.

Interesting reaction coke and milk
The reaction of phosphoric acid (V) to proteins in the milk - they are cut and causes a precipitate

The reaction of phosphoric acid with calcium contained in milk gives rise to a precipitate
3Ca + 2H3PO4 ///\\\ Ca3(PO4)2 + 3H2

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKPoQYevoLs

Source:
http://cocacola-and-milk.blogspot.com/

It is a reaction of the Phosphoric Acid contained in the coca cola to the milk. Phosphoric Acid molecules attach to the milk giving them more density and separate out while the remaining liquid that makes up the milk and cocoa cola now being lighter floats on top. The solid matter is basically milk that has been curdled by the addition of the more acidic soda.

Both items are acidic but coca-cola more so. In general, coca-cola has a pH of anywhere from 2.5-4.5 because of the Phosphoric Acid content where milk has a normal pH around 6.7 (almost neutral, milk that is in the base range is usually mastitic).

There are some studies to suggest that because of the high Phosphoric Acid content in most soft drinks that they can help to increase the likelihood that a person will develop Osteoporosis if they aren't getting enough Calcium in their diet. Coca-cola makes an excellent household cleaner - it can be used to take tarnish off of pennies and I've used it to degrease car engines. I will not drink any soft drinks.
Ok
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
friendly reminder that you need both calcium AND vitamin d to prevent osteoporosis
cat
Because you haven't been obnoxious, and because this thread and your previous one weren't to promote a crappy band or stupid viral attempt, I'll be polite and only warn you...

This thread, and the one you made a few weeks ago, are technically just you spamming your videos and interesting as your videos may be to some, they're still spam and we don't allow people to sign up to the site just to advertise for free and promote their stuff without contributing to the forum community in any way.

Basically, please stop this or start doing more than just spamming your videos, or you'll end up banned. I know we don't have a 'Promote YOUR Video' or 'Videos' forum here, but that doesn't mean you can just use The Pit. At the biggest compromise, it wouldn't even be so bad if you'd just made one thread and updated that with this new video post... at least then it's confined to just one thread.

Anyway, we don't allow advertising/spam - please stop.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
It's cool, maybe you could make a thread about 'cool scientific/information-giving videos' (better title than that though ) or something, and I'll merge your current threads into it, and then others can add their own etc. ?

Don't want to put you off using the site, we just don't want to show double standards by banning advertisers but letting someone advertise their videos if they're interesting
A mod being polite and sensible... so they do exist?
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
disarm you are so cute, what a ball of sweets
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by vintage x metal
disarm you are so cute, what a sweet balls

fix'd
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11

hey **** you man
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Edit: ^ Oh shi- erm, hey Orson!

Quote by Neo Evil11

Quote by vintage x metal
disarm you are so cute, what a ball of sweets

Oh, you flatter me

Quote by Neo Evil11
fix'd

How dare you suggest such a thing?!

Quote by theguitarist
hey **** you man

That's not very polite. I did not say you are not fun.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
who cares?
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by guitarxo
friendly reminder that you need both calcium AND vitamin d to prevent osteoporosis

Usually it's taken for granted that you'll get Vitamin D as almost every food is fortified with vitamin D, and also the fact that you literally just need 5 minutes of sunlight to produce it.
This happens with any acid. Even lemon juice.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by beadhangingOne
Usually it's taken for granted that you'll get Vitamin D as almost every food is fortified with vitamin D, and also the fact that you literally just need 5 minutes of sunlight to produce it.

Loads of people in my family are deficient in vitamin D so I'd rather not assume haha.
cat
Quote by guitarxo
Loads of people in my family are deficient in vitamin D so I'd rather not assume haha.

Hmmm, interesting....sounds genetic. Either way, it's quite rare in the developed world.
DisarmGoliath, I am make a new trade, now you can merge all my posts in one.
Last edited by anri1 at Jun 4, 2014,
1 goat for lamb disarm.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all