Looked into this site. Seems pretty legit. I'm just beginning and read a few threads that suggested this site. I assume it's pretty good. They have a few lessons that lend to beginners. My question is what would you pick first?

Or do you have a better suggestion?
Last edited by rcapilli at Jun 2, 2014,
It's a legit site, and if i remember correctly they offer a trail period for a short amount of time so you can try it out.

I have personally used the site as a resource to myself aswell as my students, the different style packs are great (like 50 "insert genre here" you must know).

Even though i don't use any of those sites nowdays, the ones i recommend checking out is Jamplay, Truefire, Guitarmasterclass and Jamtrackcentral. They all offer great resources, but are different in the way things are presented. If you are a beginner though, i would recommend going through Justin Sandcores material on Justinguitar first, since it is free, well presented and quality material.
Fusion and jazz musician, a fan of most music.

Quote by Guthrie Govan
“If you steal from one person it's theft, and if you steal from lots of people it's research”

Quote by Chick Corea
"Only play what you hear. If you don't hear anything, don't play anything."
i have an account with steffan Grossman which has over 25 albums video tutorials and the account with homespun has over 10 album lessons . if you want to know the full list of videos or want any info mail me at sliquid25@yahoo.com

sample images of inside the accounts

I've bought a couple of their video series. The Adam Levy Rhythm one, I wasn't really too impressed with it. The guy was showing how to make up these really simple parts that I could easily come up with myself. Bought the Songwriting on Guitar series which is fantastic. Ticked me off though because it said I would get a second video series, Chord Cookbook, along with the songwriting course, but it turns out that was some limited-time offer that had expired but they never bothered to change their product description. Still really feel like I got my money's worth out of it.

Cant' really offer any advice on what you should buy - whatever you're interested in of course.

I agree with Sickz about Justin's site, Justin Guitar. He's a fantastic teacher. Love his stuff.
Last edited by gtc83 at Jun 4, 2014,
Quote by gtc83
I've bought a couple of their video series. The Adam Levy Rhythm one, I wasn't really too impressed with it. The guy was showing how to make up these really simple parts that I could easily come up with myself. Bought the Songwriting on Guitar series which is fantastic. Ticked me off though because it said I would get a second video series, Chord Cookbook, along with the songwriting course, but it turns out that was some limited-time offer that had expired but they never bothered to change their product description. Still really feel like I got my money's worth out of it.

Cant' really offer any advice on what you should buy - whatever you're interested in of course.

I agree with Sickz about Justin's site, Justin Guitar. He's a fantastic teacher. Love his stuff.

Yeah, i would never buy video series from Truefire. If you want to learn from their videos, a monthly membership is adviced (in my honest opinion). That way you can access all of their series.
Fusion and jazz musician, a fan of most music.

Quote by Guthrie Govan
“If you steal from one person it's theft, and if you steal from lots of people it's research”

Quote by Chick Corea
"Only play what you hear. If you don't hear anything, don't play anything."
Quote by rcapilli
Looked into this site. Seems pretty legit. I'm just beginning and read a few threads that suggested this site. I assume it's pretty good. They have a few lessons that lend to beginners. My question is what would you pick first?

Or do you have a better suggestion?

As far as tutorial type lessons they are good, if can analyse and correct your playing. Otherwise save yourself some time and find a good teacher.
Last edited by wiggedy at Jun 8, 2014,
true fire has great teachers if your into theory stuff check out robbie calvo
very in depth teacher . try the free sub first before you buy

also avoid the live sessions there hella expensive like $150 a month
for each one
Last edited by gocosfs at Jun 8, 2014,
I've only purchased one of the courses on TrueFire, but I love that one I got. It was Fareed Haque (I believe,) the Jazz Guitar Comping Survival Guide. Excellent material, and Fareed is a pretty cool dude who keeps it interesting. I can't speak for too many other courses on there obviously, but I love the one I got. Depends on the teacher and how well they present it.