I'm using a Blackstar s1 45 with a GCB 95 Crybaby. When I use it with the crunch channels at high volumes it sounds great but when I use it with the clean channels at high volumes it sounds terrible.

As you push the pedal forward and play something reasonably loud it creates horrible distortion and when the toe is nearly pushed fully down there are nasty volume peaks, especially when playing higher register notes. Without the crybaby on, the clean channels have no distortion and sound fine.

Is this a problem with the pedal or the amp?

Please tell me if you need more details
Distortion?
Nasty volume peaks?

If the distortion only happens when the volume raises, it's your amp creating the distortion and the volume peaks might be caused by the highs on the amp being relatively high and the cry baby raising them even more in volume.

If the distortion happens casually or only when the pedal is in a certain position or even when the amp's volume isn't that high, the problem's probably with the pedal.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by dspellman
Blackstar S1 45 = bad tone?
Nah, the thing with blackstar is its shady marketing division.
And the smaller HT amps.

Most blackstar amps aren't great in quality but don't sound bad for the money.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Pull the back plate off the pedal and back the pot off a bit to slightly change the sweep to keep it from going all the way into the treble end.Only adjust it by one tooth on the gear at a time. It's on You Tube. Or Google it.The GCB-95 is crap. I turned mine into a volume pedal, but I do like my Morley Lynch Dragon 2 wah.
Quote by dspellman
Blackstar S1 45 = bad tone?
I had the 50W head and prefer it over 3ch Recto's
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Quote by stringDIA
Pull the back plate off the pedal and back the pot off a bit to slightly change the sweep to keep it from going all the way into the treble end.Only adjust it by one tooth on the gear at a time. It's on You Tube. Or Google it.The GCB-95 is crap. I turned mine into a volume pedal, but I do like my Morley Lynch Dragon 2 wah.

Agreed

And its probably your pedal, maybe trade in and trade up?

Quote by Gunpowder
Thrashturbating? Most metal of all ways to pleasure oneself.
fulltone clyde/clyde deluxe. RMC wizard wah (only one i have tried). kitty used to recommend the chi-wah-wah. very unique in design, fits in a standard boss encloure size, but is very tweakable. unfortunately i haven't seen one ever. the videos are nice though.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
^ i think plutoneium went out of business recently

i actually tried my crybaby recently and didn't think it sounded that bad my mxr/cae wah sounded a bit better, but not all that much (more versatile, though). I think my ears have gone to crap recently, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ i think plutoneium went out of business recently

i actually tried my crybaby recently and didn't think it sounded that bad my mxr/cae wah sounded a bit better, but not all that much (more versatile, though). I think my ears have gone to crap recently, though.

that sucks about plutoneium.

my clyde does me well, wouldn't ever get rid of it. but i want an RMC.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Yeah

And yeah I sometimes wonder what an RMC would be like too...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
my cry sounded much better on my cleans on the HT-100 than on the dirt???

...I´d recommend rolling back the pot a tad to alter the sweep and see if you can find the tone your looking for or uppgrade to one that you can do that with without having to open the thing up....like the "Slash" version
I believe in god, jesus and the holy ghost.....or as i call them Angus, Kirk and Lemmy