View poll results: the prestige?
awesome
22 49%
mehhh
6 13%
havent seen it
17 38%
Voters: 45.
Without talking about that one thread made by that one guy forever ago?

Personally I love the prestige, and even though it might get randomly a bit too far into pseudoscience near the end, it's a great movie and the ending twist is top notch.
it's an ok movie, not that great

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
You were in the circle weren't you?

You disgust me
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
good movie
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
i don't think i have seen it yet. Is it a must see?
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

The Prestige is cool but I'd prefer a pro series Jackson.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
No. We can't. Especially not when you bring it up in the first sentence of the thread. Duh.

To this very day I have avoided ever watching it in fear that a spontaneous circle jerk will break out mid-movie.
Last edited by archangels at Jun 2, 2014,
Yeah it's a pretty damn good movie, but I don't really have anything else to say about it.
Quote by Redsectoreh
Yeah it's a pretty damn good movie, but I don't really have anything else to say about it.
This, and
Quote by snipelfritz
I do love me some Bowie.
this.
One of my favorite movies of all time.

I've always enjoyed magic and psycological shit.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Union Jake, now there's a name from the past.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
It's a great movie; maybe not a classic, but still something worth seeing.

I should probably watch it again, haven't seen it for a couple of years.
What do you want to talk about in regards to the movie? It was a good, entertaining movie, but I can't think of anything worth discussing in the movie.
-The Crimson Fucker, aka PonyFan #376121
It was "meh" I wouldn't go out of my way to see it, but if your flipping channels one day and come across it, it's alright..

The "duplication machine" was dumb beyond belief..
Last edited by jugglingfreak at Jun 2, 2014,
I'm glad you made this thread. This always bothered me. It's good to get it out there.

I think it's an awesome movie, but I just can't shake Union Jake from my mind whenever I think about the film.

Srs though, it's a really good movie if you can suspend disbelief a little bit. You should all watch it. Classic Nolan.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Quote by jugglingfreak
It was "meh" I wouldn't go out of my way to see it, but if your flipping channels one day and come across it, it's alright..

SPOILERS.

Wow man, spoiler dat shit.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
No it was his twin, silly!

IMO Nolan has been on a slow decline after Memento.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
That's the one about the guys sitting in a circle, right?
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Quote by sfaune92
That's the one about the guys sitting in a circle, right?

No, that's That 70's Show, silly!
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by Momentosis
Wow man, spoiler dat shit.

I'm not wasting time spoiler tagging an 8 year old movie.

P.S. Darth Vader is Luke Skywalker's father (I guess I should have spoiler tagged that too.)

Quote by snipelfritz
No it was his twin, silly!

No, that was Bale's character. Jackman's character was the one who met with Tesla and got the duplicator/copy machine/clone thing that would drop the duplicate into a tank and drown him..

Like I said, dumb beyond words.
Last edited by jugglingfreak at Jun 2, 2014,
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
The Prestige is cool but I'd prefer a pro series Jackson.

You can go right to hell. You can go right to hell and burn.
Quote by Dimarzio45
You can go right to hell. You can go right to hell and burn.

I knew somebody wouldn't like that

PS: hell is toasty and we have hot chocolate. No marshmallows though.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Great movie.

If you think that the whole machine was dumb and silly then I'm afraid you missed the point of the movie. We all know magic isn't real but you kinda let yourself accept that and enjoy it for what it is, just like this movie.. or any movie for that matter. Then at the end you realize you have been tricked the whole time, like magic itself.

Plenty of great quotes the whole time. One of those movies that are really good on subsequent viewings because there are sooo many quotes/hints that point to what is happening at the end.

It's all about obsession really and I loved the science side of it, what Tesla had to say.

"Exact science is not an exact science" is my favorite quote. As an electrical engineering student this quote made a lot of sense.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I knew somebody wouldn't like that

PS: hell is toasty and we have hot chocolate. No marshmallows though.

Over on the sweet side we have ice cream. Ooooodles of it.

But, seriously, the Jackson Pro line is pretty badass, too.
Yeah great film, but I really can't stop thinking about Union Jake every time...

What I don't understand though is ... *WATCH OUT SPOILERS*

...the cloning machine thing... where did the design for that actually come from? Jackson got it from Bale's diary, but Bale wasn't actually using it as he just had a twin. Tesla said he'd never made the machine. Where did the design actually come from? Bale would've had no reason to ever have even had the design, even if he didn't make it.
Quote by MadClownDisease
Yeah great film, but I really can't stop thinking about Union Jake every time...

...the cloning machine thing... where did the design for that actually come from? Jackson got it from Bale's diary, but Bale wasn't actually using it as he just had a twin. Tesla said he'd never made the machine. Where did the design actually come from? Bale would've had no reason to ever have even had the design, even if he didn't make it.

Been a while since I saw the film but I was under the impression Tesla designed it, but never built it. Bale just had the design with him, mostly to confuse the hell out of Hugh Jackman, and lead him astray from the whole twin thing. Don't think about it too much, these kinds of movies never make perfect sense, you got to just go with it a bit.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
Heard Union Jake's review, he gave it a Cocks Thumbs up
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
Quote by MadClownDisease

As far as I remember, it was meant to be a teleporting machine designed by Tesla that Fallon used as a decoy to basically annoy Angier and keep him away. The cloning was a side effect.