I've been writing and playing a lot of music in open tuning with a slide lately and want to incorporate it into my bands live performance. I'd rather not take the time between songs to change my tuning (and worry about busting a string). I'd like suggestions for guitars in the $200 to $400 range that sound good in open tuning with a slide.

I play into a Marshall JCM 800 and use a bluesy, overdriven tone.

Thanks
This maybe;

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/sterling-by-music-man-sub-silo3-electric-guitar

A fairly flat board and a good meaty neck pickup are useful features for electric slide. I mostly play clean and prefer P90 type pickups, but I've no idea what you can get in that price range. - I liked the Fender Modern Player Thinline Deluxe tele, but it is a bit more than your budget.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Jun 3, 2014,
pick up an older nice guitar that needs a refret, mine is a Gibson Sonex, $200, it is playable, but pretty buzzy but you don't need frets if you are doing all slide. it has Gibsons dirty fingers that came in it from the factor and kicks serious ass.

i did do a tiny amount of fret work on a couple of frets, but not much.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/