what is the best looper pedal for the money? budget is around $100. what do you think of the boss rc-20xl looper?thanks.
Quote by lolmnt
I love to have my vag pounded by guys who make lame threads on the internet!

Quote by snipelfritz
This thread topic is gold. I've been on this website for 8 years and I've never come up with anything like this. So yeah. Great job TS[457undead].
Last edited by 457undead at Jun 3, 2014,
Rohypnol.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Rohypnol.

apparently that is some sort of drug.
Quote by lolmnt

Quote by snipelfritz
This thread topic is gold. I've been on this website for 8 years and I've never come up with anything like this. So yeah. Great job TS[457undead].
One that lops out a chunk of your memory. That's not what you wanted?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
One that lops out a chunk of your memory. That's not what you wanted?

i fixed the spelling error, i think i loped a chuck of my memory when i was learning how to spell looper.

but seriously, got any suggestions?
Quote by lolmnt

Quote by snipelfritz
Yeah, but the title remains unchanged.

Nah, I don't use them, sorry. I just saw an opening for a joke and took it.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I have a TC Electronic Ditto, and while its a fun little looper, and a lot of bang for your buck, I feel like its more of a phrase trainer than a gig-worthy, multi-layer, pro-grade looper pedal.

Only having the one footswitch limits its effectiveness, and only being able to delete the top layer (but being able to add it back) limits it. And, having to quickly double tap to stop everything is a finicky process.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
ohhh shit what was i thinking again???

i like the digitech jammans. i have had one for a while and it sounds good. few more than $100 though.

i am sure the boss is good to, but i don't recalling playing one so
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by Cathbard
Rohypnol.

fentanyl??? thats good shit too.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Shit guys, don't talk about that stuff or lolmnt will close the thread and ban a couple of us!

Anyway, my go to cheap looper is the jam man express xt - cheaper than the ditto, it has status leds and it's stereo.
The rest's the same.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Last edited by Spambot_2 at Jun 3, 2014,
Quote by 457undead
what is the best looper pedal for the money? budget is around $100. what do you think of the boss rc-20xl looper?thanks.

if you can get an rc-20 for $100, hell yeah, go for it. in fact, here's one for $109. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Boss-RC-20-xl-loop-station-/321422810140?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item4ad64adc1c
spambot i need a looper with memory.
Quote by lolmnt

Quote by snipelfritz
what do you think abour the rc 2?
Quote by lolmnt

Quote by snipelfritz
is the rc pedals the only memory pedals or are there any others?
Quote by lolmnt

Quote by snipelfritz
The Digitech Jamman series has storage loopers. You could probably find the original Jamman for $100 used. Watch GC's used equipment for one.
I'd say $100 for an rc20xl is a great deal as long as it works. I had one and loved it but it had issues almost fromthe start and fried out in under 2 years. I think the jamman had the same type of problems. But if you're not unlucky enough to get one with issues its a pretty nice looper. The rc2/3 can be pretty frustrating with all those functions and just the single footswitch. I'd definitely go with the 20 or 30, even if they cost twice as much.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Quote by lucky1978
I'd say $100 for an rc20xl is a great deal as long as it works. I had one and loved it but it had issues almost fromthe start and fried out in under 2 years. I think the jamman had the same type of problems. But if you're not unlucky enough to get one with issues its a pretty nice looper. The rc2/3 can be pretty frustrating with all those functions and just the single footswitch. I'd definitely go with the 20 or 30, even if they cost twice as much.

What about the DIGITECH JAMMAN SOLO XT? is that good? Can i switch through pre recorded loops during a song?
Quote by lolmnt

Quote by snipelfritz
I'll be full of crystal lattices
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
^ damn another one
Quote by 457undead
What about the DIGITECH JAMMAN SOLO XT? is that good? Can i switch through pre recorded loops during a song?
AFAIK, you'd have to go and press one of the two small arrows near the screen.

It'd be a hell of a pain in the ass anyway y' know, 'cause you'd have to record everything at the EXACT same speed and start them in the exact point where it needs to be started...

People get other guitarists for reasons y' know...
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
Quote by 457undead

oh hey look, another thing that the rc-20 can do.
^ do you, by any chance, like boss rc-20s?

Well 457, the rc-20 is the cheapest thing that comes to my mind that also does what you want, but mind that what you wanna do is hella difficult and most people don't for a reason.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
Quote by 457undead
You can if you purchase the external footswitch.
Quote by Spambot_2
^ damn another one

Huh...? I mean writing metal songs without blatant breakdowns and chorus sound awesome, but I hope I hadn't already done with all the birthday wishes guys!
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Huh...? I mean writing metal songs without blatant breakdowns and chorus sound awesome, but I hope I hadn't already done with all the birthday wishes guys!

Yer a pain in the ass!

Anyone else would be warned/banned for this nonsense...

Carry on!

“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
Yer a pain in the ass!

Anyone else would be warned/banned for this nonsense...

Carry on!

Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by Spambot_2
^ do you, by any chance, like boss rc-20s?

Well 457, the rc-20 is the cheapest thing that comes to my mind that also does what you want, but mind that what you wanna do is hella difficult and most people don't for a reason.

how is it difficult?
Quote by lolmnt

Quote by snipelfritz
Quote by 457undead
how is it difficult?

Because of timing issues. You have to have consistent, impeccable timing. Oh, and whomever else you play with must have the EXACT same consistent, impeccable timing. Thats why. Its much easier to just loop live in real time.

V my bad, I thought he was talking about using prerecorded loops in a band situation.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Last edited by lucky1978 at Jun 4, 2014,
Quote by lucky1978
Because of timing issues. You have to have consistent, impeccable timing. Oh, and whomever else you play with must have the EXACT same consistent, impeccable timing. Thats why. Its much easier to just loop live in real time.
I didn't see him post anything that was difficult. Switching through prerecorded loops on a Jamman is easy with the external switch. You can switch to the next loop before the current one is finished. It will switch at the end of the current loop. No timing issue at all. Really just like playing to a backing track. Although one would wonder why not just have the whole prerecorded loop in one slot.
Quote by lucky1978
V my bad, I thought he was talking about using prerecorded loops in a band situation.
That's what I get he wants to do.

The "Can I switched to pre recorded loops during a song" kinda made me think about that.

What in the world do you wanna do with the looper, TS?
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
Quote by Spambot_2
That's what I get he wants to do.

The "Can I switched to pre recorded loops during a song" kinda made me think about that.

What in the world do you wanna do with the looper, TS?

play a song at the talent show in September but I don't know a rhythm guitarist good enough to fill the parts where he is needed. I will only use the looper for the solos, there are about 2.5 mins of solos in the song. I would have the looper activated for the whole song but people said its almost impossible to do with timing.
Quote by lolmnt

Quote by snipelfritz
Dude, just record an entire backing track. Thats what you wanna do anyways. A lopper is just a complicated way to do backing tracks. No need for it for that purpose.

You can still buy a lopper, learn to use it comfortably, and hog the spotlight at the talent show. A lopper can do some pretty sweet tricks and its an extremely practical practice tool but not so much for backing tracks.
Last edited by lucky1978 at Jun 6, 2014,
^ yeah 457, that'd be the best idea.
Put the backing track on your ipod or something and use that.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
Quote by lucky1978
Dude, just record an entire backing track. Thats what you wanna do anyways. A lopper is just a complicated way to do backing tracks. No need for it for that purpose.

You can still buy a lopper, learn to use it comfortably, and hog the spotlight at the talent show. A lopper can do some pretty sweet tricks and its an extremely practical practice tool but not so much for backing tracks.

i cant make a backing track, i have no recording equipment
Quote by lolmnt

Quote by snipelfritz
Quote by 457undead
i cant make a backing track, i have no recording equipment

What about your phone? Theres a million different recording apps and most phones have a recorder on 'em already.

But seriously, you can do some crazy shit with a good lopper and some practice. Jmascis and Scott Lucas do some really cool yet simple (besides the playing) stuff with one. Guitar center actually has looping competitions. Theyre just not all that practical for backing tracks
Quote by lucky1978
What about your phone? Theres a million different recording apps and most phones have a recorder on 'em already.

This would be in front of a large audience, I don't think that recording with a phone is a plausible option.
Quote by lolmnt

Quote by snipelfritz