Hi, everybody
For a long time i am interested in guitars and also platini them. Nowadays i decided to büyük something good. I want to büyük a Gibson but don't know much about them. Which Gibson model do i have to prefer. I play rock and blues. Thanks for your opions.
Go try as many as you can. Gibson's can feel very different from one guitar to another. Really you can use any guitar you want to.

I have owned Les Pauls and SG's and I like them both
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
There are two ways of looking at this:

1 - You don't want a Gibson. You just want the right guitar. To find which guitar is right for you, try as many as possible from all manufacturers, and only purchase something when you find that one guitar which feels perfect.

2 - You have dreamed all your life about owning a Gibson. If this is the case, no matter what other guitars you try, only a Gibson will satisfy that urge. In the longer term you may discover that it was the wrong purchase, but until you have actually owned one that desire will never go away.

Obviously you're quite new to the site, are you also new to guitar? If you're just learning, you almost certainly don't want a Gibson. Although they are great guitars, they are a significant investment for someone just starting out and who may or may not continue playing in the longer term.

For recommendations generally, read the following:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1497696
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
A good Les Paul or SG is hard to beat.

If you are just starting out I'd recommend an Epi LP Tribute, Epi G400 Pro, or a used Gibson LP Studio. Either way you'll be getting a solid guitar in a classic Gibson shape (thats what you are going for right?) and will not be able to tell much of a difference between a good epi or gibson (yet!).

Worry about playing right now. After awhile you'll be able to figure out what you like... fat necks, thin necks, hot/vintage pickups, do you want the upper fret access of the SG, is weight going to be a concern, do you like the thin neck of the SG where you can push/pull for vibrato, chambered or weight relief... etc, etc, etc...

The worst thing to do is pay 2000 dollars for a guitar you learn later on doesn't have the specs you want. Heck you might later down the road realize you want something completely different like a telecaster.
Last edited by cheesefries at Jun 3, 2014,
Quote by Starcounter1
Buy a Gibson Les Paul standard. If you can afford it, buy it.

Or a Les Paul Traditional if you want a old spec les paul
A Gibson ES-335 or ES-339 would also be great for both rock and blues.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
I was in your boat growing up. I learned a few licks and thought, I GOTTA HAVE A LES PAUL. A grand later I said, "Damn this neck is fat" I didn't play for a long time.

Just recently I started playing again. I ****ing LOVE MY LES PAUL!

It's a 93' off white studio.
Quote by Thecytochromec
I was in your boat growing up. I learned a few licks and thought, I GOTTA HAVE A LES PAUL. A grand later I said, "Damn this neck is fat" I didn't play for a long time.

Those 90's Studios are bitchin guitars.
Quote by KingChris90
Those 90's Studios are bitchin guitars.

I didn't deserve it then. I wasn't ready. Lately I've been playing a lot and I hope to have the skills I consider worthy of such a nice piece. I will never sell it. Only trouble is the more I use it the dirtier it gets. Oh well F everyone it's mine til' I die.
Quote by Thecytochromec
I didn't deserve it then. I wasn't ready. Lately I've been playing a lot and I hope to have the skills I consider worthy of such a nice piece. I will never sell it. Only trouble is the more I use it the dirtier it gets. Oh well F everyone it's mine til' I die.

Play the living hell out of it
Quote by Thecytochromec

I did the exact same thing! Apart from it was my only guitar so I still played it. And it was a high end Epi not Gibson. But still, I just saw it a thought "oooh Les Paul, if it's good enough for Slash, it's good enough for me" and bought it. In hindsight I wish I'd got a tele
They look nice, play nice when set up properly, but the pickups are absolutely horrible. So considering how easy it is to change pickups, I'd say they are alright in my book.
Quote by GaryBillington

1 - You don't want a Gibson. You just want the right guitar. To find which guitar is right for you, try as many as possible from all manufacturers, and only purchase something when you find that one guitar which feels perfect.

2 - You have dreamed all your life about owning a Gibson. If this is the case, no matter what other guitars you try, only a Gibson will satisfy that urge. In the longer term you may discover that it was the wrong purchase, but until you have actually owned one that desire will never go away.

+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by GaryBillington

Nailed it.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
To me, looking for a guitar and limiting oneself to a single brand is very restrictive, and from the looks of it, you're more interested in the cachet of the brand. But, if a Gibson is what you really want, I suppose giving you a lecture would be of no use. I can think of many times in my life when people thought I was mad to be buying things I have no business buying, so more power to you.

I'm a Fender loyalist but of the Gibson's I've played, the ES-335 is ace. I've played the Les Pauls and SGs, both of which were just standard models. I didn't like them but not because they aren't any good, but because, but I loved the ES-335, especially for rock and blues. It'll probably be my next guitar.
Free Ali