Hello

As for the begining im pretty curious if there are bands that play rock in lowered tuning. Found QOTSA And Sick Puupies for e.g PLay In C standard. How about playing rock lower than usual? I think it might be fun. Any thoughts

P.s not djent, it gai
Breaking Benjamin plays a lot in Drop B flat, Chevelle uses Drop B and B flat as well (both use multiple tunings depending on the song/album)
Not many bands play below C. With the tuning below C there isn’t enough string tension and that damages the neck so it’s not safe to tune that low.
Quote by jpnyc
Not many bands play below C. With the tuning below C there isn’t enough string tension and that damages the neck so it’s not safe to tune that low.

You sir do win bullshit awards
Quote by jpnyc
With the tuning below C there isn’t enough string tension and that damages the neck so it’s not safe to tune that low.

That is total bullshit

But I don't like tuning below D standard. I used drop C for a while in my prog band and I absolutely hated it. Way too much lowend from the guitars for my taste. But as for ruining my guitar because of it, no it will not.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I keep one of my guitars in B or Drop C depending on my mood. Threw some 12s on it and it works great.
Also, the "damage your neck" BS is funny. Too little tension will not damage it. Too much, maybe, but I think your strings would break before the neck had problems.
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals