hello friends
i am from india and new to this wonderful community.i have reading this forum for a long time and this time i have something in my mind.i am a hobby guitarist and own a squier deluxe start with duncan designed single coil pick ups, an old korg ax3000g and a solid state marshall mg10cd. also i never play in a band. i was happy with my setup and having fun all this time.but recently i have developed some interest in the vox amplug ac30 for silent playing. now there is another competitor in the list called as vox stomplab 1g. so what do you guys think? is the stomplab is better in sound then the ax3000 or amplug? can it emulate the sound of the ac30? any other suggestions? budget is a big constraint and headphones will be used all the time.portability is not an issue since i will be using it at home only. i love the tone of srv, clapton and sometime gilmour.please help
Check out the Zoom G3, its a multifx with amp modeling, a looper, drum guide and it sounds really good through headphones. Besides that, I'd go with a multifx if I were you. Theres a lot of cheap ones on the market, many with a looper and amp modeling, which are great for playing through headphones.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
You don't need a headphones amp, you need a new amp.

Among these you listed, the korg will probably sound best.
Better than the marshall for sure and probably better than the amplug, which will not sound like an AC30, ever.

If you don't have the budget for a new amp, say a used peavey classic 30 or laney VC30, I'd get a pair of AKG K240 mkII or ATH-M50 or MDR7510 to play the ax3000g with.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
thank you guys for your inputs.maybe you are right , i need to change my headphones.its almost impossible to find a used amp in india.as the vox stomplab 1g is of a newer generation i thought it will sound better then the korg. anyways i shall stick to korg for the time being and try to upgrade my headphones. also can i add a digitech bad monkey or a screaming blues pedal into the send return ports of korg ax3k? will it sound good or at least make sound more analog?in case of headphones senheisers are popular in india, any suggestions from their stable?
Last edited by washburn1983 at Jun 3, 2014,
Quote by washburn1983
also can i add a digitech bad monkey or a screaming blues pedal into the send return ports of korg ax3k? will it sound good or at least make sound more analog?
It wouldn't be a hell of an idea, you already have lotsa distortions in your korg and if the thing doesn't sound natural there's no real way of making it sound natural.
Quote by washburn1983
in case of headphones senheisers are popular in india, any suggestions from their stable?
Have a look at my first post.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.