just like the title said , I want guitar effects tips and also amp settings tips. I'm not really quite good at blending the Treble , Bass and Middle . can someone please tell me how will I get a desired tone ? also , if you want to say something about gain and volume control , please feel free to tell me . I might have missed something important with those . I am a multi-effects unit user , and I'm very confused on whether I should use the EQs of my unit , but since my amp also has the treble , bass and middle , which was also present in my guitar effects unit , should I just bypass and not use them and just use the amp's EQs ? please tell me things because maybe those things that you mentioned is something that I don't know yet , and I'm pretty sure that I have a lot to learn with this stuffs . please educate me . also , if this will help , my genre is grunge like foo fighters and funk rock like Red Hot Chili Peppers . I want to get some desired effects and tones based from those genre .

I am using Zoom G1Next

any help is very much appreciated . thank you !
Last edited by kcirreDmoT at Jun 3, 2014,
sup guy? I may be able to help...i'm somewhat of an equipment head. Everybody says i should work at guitar center or be a roady.lol Anyways, if you're looking for a grungey sound..first off, what guitar are you using?
There's so many variables for "dialing in" a good tone I think the best, most educational, funnest way to figure it out is to sit down with your rig and experiment with different settings. You're not going to break anything just turning knobs and its good to get to know your gear and all its capabilities. I think most of us are constantly tweaking settings for certain songs, environments and different guitars, amps, peripherals. So knowing which knob does what and when is pretty useful to know.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
I like the guy above me. Makes a good point. That's how I learned. Just sit down for a while and mess with everything. Get to know your equipment and sound.
@EquipmentHead
I'm currently using a Stratocaster . don't mind the brand , it's not Fender . haha it's from Japan , and it's pretty old .

@lucky1978
I've been doing that but I can't still fathom what I'm doing . It's not that I'm finding an easy way to instantly get a " desired tone " , maybe you could give me some guidelines and tips .

@Linkerman
okay man . I'll check those videos out .
set every EQ knob on amp alone to the middle. play something simple or strum a few chords, and as you do, rotate each knob ONE at a time from minimum to maximum. IMO and from my experience generally just turn them and leave one where you like it, then play others.

you just have to mess around. see what YOU like. it doesn't matter if i like it or not, but what matters is that YOU like it. and as time goes move a knob a little bit, tone evolves over time from your own ears.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Well, everything on the strat is in working condition, right? If so, I'd use the bridge pickup for distortion (most people know, but i take it you're a beginner), and I am familiar with Zoom products, but not that particular model. With your music taste, i reccomend using a simple distortion that the zoom has, and then tweak settings until you like it. Trust me, it's not as hard as it seems. I promise you can figure it out.
@EquipmentHead

the thing that really confuses me is that , if I have the amp's EQs , should I still use the gadget's EQs ? if I'm going to set my amp's EQs in a certain way , wouldn't also using my gadget's EQs and set it in a certain way would ruin my sound , or should it improve more ? I just want to clear things out since I'm new to this stuffs .
Quote by kcirreDmoT
the thing that really confuses me is that , if I have the amp's EQs , should I still use the gadget's EQs ? if I'm going to set my amp's EQs in a certain way , wouldn't also using my gadget's EQs and set it in a certain way would ruin my sound , or should it improve more ? I just want to clear things out since I'm new to this stuffs .

You adjust the effects' EQ's according to the amp's EQ.

For example: you may prefer to have trebly cleans, with not-so-pronounced bass. But you want a bass-heavy distorted tone.
So, you'll want to set the distortion pedal's EQ with lots of bass and cutting the treble, to compensate for the amp's EQ settings.

First, you find the base tone you like in the amp.
Then, you tweak the effects to suit the amp's base tone defined by you.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Last edited by Linkerman at Jun 5, 2014,