I don't think you understand Catholicism, bro.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Quote by deadsmileyface
You made this thread yesterday and deleted it dude.

Because yesterday, people were shit posting in the thread, the nerve of some people.
Quote by Axelfox
Because yesterday, people were shit posting in the thread, the nerve of some people.

Think of it this way: once someone posts a thread, it is no longer theirs. It is the property of the pit and they will do with it what they wish. It's not a big deal dawg, don't worry about it
banned
Quote by deadsmileyface
Think of it this way: once someone posts a thread, it is no longer theirs. It is the property of the pit and they will do with it what they wish. It's not a big deal dawg, don't worry about it

So this site is just like a imageboard?
Quote by Axelfox
So this site is just like a imageboard?

This site is not like an imageboard but I believe that letting the people own the thread enhances the forum experience
banned
Quote by Weaponized
That's cool but real lame it took having a gay son to change his mind.

Yeah, funny how that worked for Dick Cheney.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by LostLegion
Someday the Baptist church just might become as advanced as the Catholic church

What?
Quote by Axelfox
California Baptist Church Changes Views On Homosexuality After Pastor's Gay Son Comes Out

Now only if other churches like the Catholic church could follow suit and get with the times.

See I have a huge problem with bending rules because now it hits home.

Bible says bad

Man has gay kid

Screw that rule, but the other ones, still legit

Clearly an over-simplification but it's a joke. I wouldn't be surprised if the Catholic church did change their view based on the majority of the worlds viewpoint because it would only continue to reaffirm the fact that they're hypocrites.
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
Why not just start your own "non-baptist" church if you're going to change the doctrine. This makes no sense.
If you think the Catholic Church is slow to change regarding gays, it took them 350 years to admit that Galileo was right about the Earth orbiting the sun, long after it was scientifically proven. If it took them that long to change their minds on something so minor, I don't that they will change their view on gays anytime soon.

More on topic, I still can't quite understand where some people get the nerve to treat other people differently just because their sexual orientation is different. I mean, come on. I'm serious with this, could somebody please tell me what part of the bible people use to say that homosexuality is bad., because I was always taught in Sunday school that the bible says to love thy neighbor and that god loves everybody.

Sorry for the Great Wall of Text.
Gear:

ESP EC-50
ESP FB-204

MXR '78 Custom Badass Distortion
Dunlop Crybaby
MXR EVH Phase 90
MXR Analog Chorus

"Music is the strongest form of magic." - Marilyn Manson
Quote by GoodCharloteSux
See I have a huge problem with bending rules because now it hits home.

Bible says bad

Man has gay kid

Screw that rule, but the other ones, still legit

Clearly an over-simplification but it's a joke. I wouldn't be surprised if the Catholic church did change their view based on the majority of the worlds viewpoint because it would only continue to reaffirm the fact that they're hypocrites.

Other things the bible calls bad is stuff like working on the sabbath EX 35:2,eating shrimp (Lev 11:10).divorce and remarrying Luke 16:18 The bible supports slavery(an evil that no one approves of today. EX 21:7,Lev. 25:44
yeezus wept
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Because having one's views change to avert the risk of being a hypocrite is truly the right reason to have tolerance for others
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
i think it is bad to hate somebody for being gay so i think this is good
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Because having one's views change to avert the risk of being a hypocrite is truly the right reason to have tolerance for others

Better than not changing one's views and being/continuing to be an intolerant asshole.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
Better than not changing one's views and being/continuing to be an intolerant asshole.

Well yeah, but it's still a very flimsy reason for the change of views.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
if axel is a troll he is ****ing marvelous because he is the onlly person on the internet who i legitimately get angry at when i see them posting
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Well yeah, but it's still a very flimsy reason for the change of views.

maybe he didn't change his views because his son came out, maybe he changed his views because he gained the perspective he was missing when his son came out.

really, the son is the cool guy here anyway.
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by TunerAddict
if axel is a troll he is ****ing marvelous because he is the onlly person on the internet who i legitimately get angry at when i see them posting

I'm no troll. I think if i posted this on gay rights forum,i would be accepted.
oooooo its lik romeo n juliet

butt romeo and romeo

lol get it

butt

From what I've seen with catholic churches they are not changing anytime soon

yes i still have morals
Last edited by yoman297 at Jun 3, 2014,
Quote by Axelfox
Other things the bible calls bad is stuff like working on the sabbath EX 35:2,eating shrimp (Lev 11:10).divorce and remarrying Luke 16:18 The bible supports slavery(an evil that no one approves of today. EX 21:7,Lev. 25:44

I get your point, but most of what you are quoting is from the law of Moses, which was fulfilled and thus ended when Christ came, meaning it's not an eternal law per se, just. La for a specific time and a specific group of people.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by Baby Joel
I get your point, but most of what you are quoting is from the law of Moses, which was fulfilled and thus ended when Christ came, meaning it's not an eternal law per se, just. La for a specific time and a specific group of people.

The someone whips out Matthew 5:17 to say you're wrong, then you have to discuss the greek (καταλύω / katalyō and we find that it's translated many different ways (destroy (9x), throw down (3x), lodge (1x), guest (1x), come to nought (1x), overthrow (1x), dissolve (1x)) and that basically in context with "fulfil" (Greek πληρόω / plēroō, translates as fulfil (51x), fill (19x), be full (7x), complete (2x), end (2x) and misc. other words (9x).) it simply means that the law will be upheld until it's no longer the law, and implies that Jesus' coming and subsequent sacrifice met that requirement.

In short, I agree with you, but thousands of pages have been written arguing discussing the above, so I doubt your theological argument here is going to do anyone much good.
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
The someone whips out Matthew 5:17 to say you're wrong, then you have to discuss the greek (καταλύω / katalyō and we find that it's translated many different ways (destroy (9x), throw down (3x), lodge (1x), guest (1x), come to nought (1x), overthrow (1x), dissolve (1x)) and that basically in context with "fulfil" (Greek πληρόω / plēroō, translates as fulfil (51x), fill (19x), be full (7x), complete (2x), end (2x) and misc. other words (9x).) it simply means that the law will be upheld until it's no longer the law, and implies that Jesus' coming and subsequent sacrifice met that requirement.

In short, I agree with you, but thousands of pages have been written arguing discussing the above, so I doubt your theological argument here is going to do anyone much good.

having worked with many translations of ancient greek and trying to find compromises between them, i give this post
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by Arby911

Yeah it's true. The biggest flaw of the Bible is just how many times it's been translated and changed, and therefore just how hard it is to actually figure out what it's trying to say.

I actually didn't know all of those forms of the Greek, which I think is one of the most interesting parts of the Bible , so thanks for the insight!
it's all coming back

Quote by Baby Joel
Yeah it's true. The biggest flaw of the Bible is just how many times it's been translated and changed, and therefore just how hard it is to actually figure out what it's trying to say.

I actually didn't know all of those forms of the Greek, which I think is one of the most interesting parts of the Bible , so thanks for the insight!

Since you have an interest, consider taking the time to read the Bible in Hebrew and Greek. Take it a verse at a time, look up every word and when you're done it will surprise you at how much you've learned. It took me 3 years.

Now I'm surely no biblical scholar, but a better than passing acquaintance has served me well.
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
Since you have an interest, consider taking the time to read the Bible in Hebrew and Greek. Take it a verse at a time, look up every word and when you're done it will surprise you at how much you've learned. It took me 3 years.

Now I'm surely no biblical scholar, but a better than passing acquaintance has served me well.

This is actually good advice, I've done a bit of it and it really puts a lot of things about the bible in perspective.
bawitaba a bang a bang diggy diggy diggy sed the boogie sed up jump the boogie
Quote by Arby911

The uni I'm at actually has a lot of those courses as well. It would definitely be fun, and most likely change my perspective on the Bible a lot. Cheers man
it's all coming back