Sup guys? Just making a friendly thread for fun in hearing other opinions...I am a modern metal guitarist looking to buy a new chorus pedal..thinking it's the next step in my board. So far, my PERSONAL favorite is the EHX Small Clone. Anybody else have input?
Last edited by EquipmentHead at Jun 3, 2014,
The only one I have any experience with is the TC Electronic Corona. Very nice sounding, and can go from subtle chorus to Leslie-like John Scofield and Guthrie Govan chorus sounds quite easily. The toneprint feature is also very nice. Guthrie also has a toneprint.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
The Visual Sound H20 Liquid Chorus is very nice.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
i like the ce2-based choruses i've tried
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by dannyalcatraz
The Visual Sound H20 Liquid Chorus is very nice.

This.
I bought the Liquid Chorus and IMO, its the best sounding chorus I have ever used.
I don't have the H20 one, just the single effect version.
(I already had a DD-7 I was happy with, although I also later bought a TC Nova Delay).
Boss CE-2
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I have a BBE Mind Bender and I love it. I generally do not like subtlety, and this chorus is about as subtle as a train going past your window. I spent a long time researching pedals trying to find one that would give me an "underwater" sound. This is the only one that really did what I wanted.

If I had to go out and build a new board on a budget I would get a used MIJ Boss CH-1.

The TC Corona is good if you find a deal on one used.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
i had a 80's or before MXR analog chorus (not the cheap one) i sold it. it was by far the best, i was downsizing at the moment. but i got it used for $20 at a garage sale, and i made a good bit of money (a tad under $200). this one was in similar condition. guess i didn't do something terribly stupid and sell it too cheap, but, it sounded good.

link below is to identify,i am neither selling one nor buying one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MXR-Vintage-Stereo-chorus-/251546424803?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a9155d5e3
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
My favourite is the EHX Small Clone as well. I've been through a few chorus pedals and I've always dismissed the Small Clone as a lesser pedal for being cheap, but once I tried it, I liked it so much that I bought one. I immediately sold the MXR Stereo Chorus that I had at the moment, and gave the Small Clone a permanent spot on my pedalboard.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Be sure to check out the Danelectro Cool Cat chorus. It's probably the best bang-for-your-buck chorus out there. I know a guy who uses it in his "B" rig in place of his usual TC chorus.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Last edited by Jhachey22 at Jun 4, 2014,
Quote by Jhachey22
Be sure to check out the Danelectro Cool Cat chorus. It's probably the best bang-for-your-buck chorus out there. I know a guy who uses it in his "B" rig in place of his usual TC chorus.

Thanks man, but I'm really not going for a steal...I'm still working on my A rig. I'm looking for all top notch equipment; Nothing less than my favorite. I don't have a job, so i have to make good use of my money, as in save up for the best. Appreciate the tip though. I'll check it out.