Okay so my grandfather just passed away and he left me with his pride and joy as he would call it and I think it's a 59 les paul. I don't know much about it so I would like it if yall could help me out. I know if it's a real 59 les paul it's worth a shit ton but it might be a reissue for all I know. Thanks in advance. It won't let me post pictures but email me if you can legitimately can help out christianparks37@yahoo.com
No ones gonna email you, post links to the pictures.
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

Quote by @ caparks_3715
Okay so my grandfather just passed away and he left me with his pride and joy as he would call it and I think it's a 59 les paul. I don't know much about it so I would like it if yall could help me out. I know if it's a real 59 les paul it's worth a shit ton but it might be a reissue for all I know. Thanks in advance. It won't let me post pictures but email me if you can legitimately can help out christianparks37@yahoo.com

Pics or it didn't happen. Unless it did and you just don't post pics that is.
Quote by @ caparks_3715
It says the file is to large

Does the size meet the requirements for posting?
Yea, so post the links, like I said before.
Quote by Shredwizard445

Quote by Shredwizard445

Take the guitar to a reputable guitar shop in your area and have them take a look at it. I would find one that is known to deal in vintage guitars. Then if it is real sell it or get a good insurance policy

if you put the pictures on photobucket you can link them here with the img tags
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I can't wait to see this Epiphone.
Quote by Shredwizard445

Quote by Shredwizard445

Quote by Roc8995
Definitely not a 59. You can date it with the serial number on the back of the headstock.

http://www.guitardaterproject.org/gibson.aspx

Yeah that's your best bet.

FWIW it's 100 percent not a 59 les paul and more likely a 70-80s custom.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Probably worth a few grand at most, depending on the year.
Quote by Shredwizard445

Quote by Shredwizard445

Definitely 70s era and not the finest period for American made guitars. A good closeup of the front and back of the headstock would give more information. Might be a good player but not much high-end collector value.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Thanks I appreciate it guys the serial number on the headstock is 18626 but anyways thanks for the help
Quote by @ caparks_3715
Thanks I appreciate it guys the serial number on the headstock is 18626 but anyways thanks for the help

If that's all that's on the back of the headstock, it's a pre-77 Les Paul Custom. Norlin era.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
If that's all that's on the back of the headstock, it's a pre-77 Les Paul Custom. Norlin era.

As i said