I know this is primarily a guitar forum, but I was wondering if there are any people who have attempted singing before. I would like to learn how to become a better singer and want to go from being the sideman/accompanist to being at the front of the stage.

Has anyone ever tried Superior Singing Method by any chance? It's getting really popular now in the singing community and I know some people got some good results from it.
i have never attempted to sing before
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
"oh yeah let's just throw on my biggest secrets for free on the internet without trying to get money off of it at all"

nice try bro. this is such standard salesman bullshit.

edit: I'm still listening to this and I'm lauging my ass off..

he starts about his 3 main tips that are nothing like any other vocal coaches have in their arsenal...
then....

"Someone sent me an e-mail and here's what she said"
fictional e-mail about how awesome the program is...
"I know you are probably sceptic about this, but here's another e-mail"
Fictional e-mail about how he was sceptic but the program is awesome!

10 minutes in....
still not the 3 tips...

12 minutes in:

Tip #1. Vocal Agility (talking about vibrato)
Tip #2. Resonance (talking mostly about loudness)
Tip #3. Mixed voices (talking about how it can fix cracking voices, head/chest voices etc)

He gave the tips, but hasn't talked about HOW, he just explaines what he means by those titles he gave to the tips....

15 minutes in... he tells us he calls his program "superior singing method". so original.

Yeah I can't do this anymore. this is boring me more then I already was.

Thanks for this bullshit add TS
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Last edited by BjarnedeGraaf at Jun 3, 2014,
i sing all the time
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Hum along with scales on your guitar. I did that and it helped my tone , range, and timing.

That's all you get for now, if you subscribe to my Sing-a-ding-a-ling master class you can learn special techniques to find perfect pitch, get the girl and make her orgasm from the mysterious g spot. Just 7 easy payments of your money and you'll be some step closer to impregnating women with your voice.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
I'll toot my own horn; I'm a pretty damn good singer, but it's something that I've been doing since I was a young lad purely because I enjoy doing it. I guess there's methods to get taught how and all that kind of shit but just like any instrument; you gotta put in the time and actually really want to do it. Just sing whenever possible, if you own a car that is without a doubt the best place to belt out.

Or you know, get drunk and trick yourself into thinking you're the shit at singing.
Quote by BjarnedeGraaf
"oh yeah let's just throw on my biggest secrets for free on the internet without trying to get money off of it at all"

nice try bro. this is such standard salesman bullshit.

edit: I'm still listening to this and I'm lauging my ass off..

he starts about his 3 main tips that are nothing like any other vocal coaches have in their arsenal...
then....

"Someone sent me an e-mail and here's what she said"
fictional e-mail about how awesome the program is...
"I know you are probably sceptic about this, but here's another e-mail"
Fictional e-mail about how he was sceptic but the program is awesome!

10 minutes in....
still not the 3 tips...

12 minutes in:

Tip #1. Vocal Agility (talking about vibrato)
Tip #2. Resonance (talking mostly about loudness)
Tip #3. Mixed voices (talking about how it can fix cracking voices, head/chest voices etc)

He gave the tips, but hasn't talked about HOW, he just explaines what he means by those titles he gave to the tips....

15 minutes in... he tells us he calls his program "superior singing method". so original.

Yeah I can't do this anymore. this is boring me more then I already was.

Thanks for this bullshit add TS

Of course if this guy is trying to make a living off teaching singing he's not going to give away his techniques for free. If you want to know the HOW you have to get the program. Just like you'd be hard pressed to find a good teacher who is willing to dedicate all his time and energy into teaching you an instrument for free. That's just not how the real world works.