So I recently traded an old guitar I had had for about 14 years for a CastleRock Les Paul replica. It sounds pretty amazing the stock humbucking pickups just aren't what I really am liking I want a slash style sound with breaking the bank to get them. Has anymore heard maybe an inexpensive version that are maybe similar? I know they make slash signature pickups but they are a little pricey. Any suggestions or input would be greatly appreciated
Your amp affects the tone way more than the pickups. What amp are you using now?
im just using a small peavey practice amp. I live in an apartment and cant really use anything much bigger then what I have.. but I do play on my buddys amp which is blackstar half stack
what country are you in? that affects prices and availability.

slash uses alnico II paf-type (low output) pickups. Lots of manufacturers will make something which is in the ballpark, yeah. just a matter of knowing what country you're in so we know what's decent value and what isn't where you are.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thanks

I'm not so well up on US pricing (since I'm in Northern Ireland) and also Duncan pricing in the USA is a lot better than here in the UK/Ireland/Europe

I've heard good things (but haven't tried them) about Tonerider pickups. They do an alnico II set and they seem to be a bit cheaper ($98 with covers; $78 without) than the Duncan alnico II set ($160) or the slash alnico II set ($190).

GFS is also good value. I'm heard more variable things about them, again I haven't tried them. They might be a bit cheaper again than Tonerider (depending on model), and again seem to have some alnico II PAF-type models.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?