Well after leaving New York and spending the past four years here in South Carolina for college, I’m finally done. I’ll be flying out tomorrow morning and moving into my brother’s apartment in Cheyenne, Wyoming. Anyone have any advice on first time apartment life? Personal experience or things I should know? Fun facts about the west that I’ll see? What are some good foods and groceries to get to save money? Anything to ease, or if you’d like, increase my pain.
A bassist is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to.

The Pit operates under a pseudo-Murphy’s Law state of mind. You can make a comment and "whatever wrong assumption that can be made about it, will be made about it."
Moving in with your brother?

don't touch his stuff.

Aren't there like coyotes and shit in wyoming? be careful.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

I don't know what's in Wyoming exactly but you should ride horses.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Wyoming has some great outdoors stuff, so if you're into that, you'll love it. If you're not into that, you should learn to get into that. Other than that, there's nothing in Wyoming. Be nice to your brother and stuff, respect each others space, etc etc
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Wyoming sounds dope maybe.

Get lots of applesauce. The shit is delicious.
Quote by Saint78
That's forever imprinted in my brain in Dwight's voice. Seriously.

Voted UG's best threadstarter 2014.
Being the younger brother I cannot help but to touch his stuff as it will make him mad and give me delight, thus making me a real world troll; we shall fight, it will be glorious. I'm moving to Cheyenne specifically so there's a lot to do there, not to mention Fort Collins is like 30 min away and there's even more there so I'm not going to be in the area where it's empty. Also I like indoors stuff, and outdoors stuff, things with doors excite me.
A bassist is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to.

The Pit operates under a pseudo-Murphy’s Law state of mind. You can make a comment and "whatever wrong assumption that can be made about it, will be made about it."
speaking of doors...

Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by k.lainad
speaking of doors...

I watched that and I immediately pictured me knocking on my bro's door and that happening with him saying "the **** you want."

Anyone have any advice on first time apartment life?
Always answer the door naked.

Personal experience or things I should know?
A tomato is a fruit, not a vegetable.

Fun facts about the west that I’ll see?
You can't see facts.

What are some good foods and groceries to get to save money?
The cheap ones.

Anything to ease, or if you’d like, increase my pain.
I hope this helped. Or not.
I like Wyoming although the winters can be pretty tough. Yellowstone and Grand Tetons have a lot to offer if you get outside. Don't piss off the grizzly bears because they will kill you quick.

Stuff your NY accent, wear cowboy boots and you will fit right in.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Figure out how to cook for yourself (its not hard). It's cheap and you end up with a good variety in you diet. And you can make extra food to last you the next couple days without cooking.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Oh, plastic grocery bags, get rid of them. You will end up under a mountain.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Pay your removal people with Pizza and beer.....it's the only accepted currency

And yeah, my tips:

1) Learn to cook, and stretch food (Learn to make stuff like lasagne or bolognese sauce, which you can freeze and re-heat when you need it)
2) Don't forget to update your details for important stuff, like your driver's licence, voting details, etc. It's a huge pain if you don't because the blame lies with you if something stuffs up just because you haven't changed your address.
3) Don't keep plastic bags from the supermarket, you'll never use them.
4) Invest in noise-cancelling headphones, for the obvious reasons, and also because when you live with other people, sometimes it's nice to not have to listen to them for a bit.

I'm sure I'll think of more later.....
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Last edited by i_lovemetallica at Jun 4, 2014,