I'm starting to get interested in adding some pedals to my guitar sound. I've got my overdrive set, now I want to add other cool effects. I usually don't like any effects at all, but recently I've been getting into some, seemingly, essential modulation and effects. I had a few questions.

First off, I like the pulsating in the tremolo, delay and sort of phase. I also wanted a sort of reverb, so my first question is, would a good delay pedal be able to handle all those types of effects? They seem interchangeable in a way and I was wondering if a good delay could do the job of, at least a tremolo and/or a phase? And how well would a good delay pedal do a reverb sound?

Second, I like the wah sound and it's range of expression, if I got a Wah pedal, would I be able to use it as a phase? To me, is seems like a phase is just an automated, pulsating wah, like a cross between a wah and a trem?

Basically, I want to keep how many pedals I use to a minimum. I may consider a compressor sustainer and treble booster in the future.
1. no. you can use a delay pedal to add ambience to a degree, but it's no substitute for a reverb. and a delay will not in any sense cop a tremolo or a phaser.

2. no. wah and phase sound completely different.

you'd be better off grabbing a multi-fx if you don't want more than a couple of pedals.
malekko 616
fulltone clyde/dlx/ or RMC
voodoo lab four knob tremolo (have demo'd but don't own one yet.
phase 90
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/