Poll: Which Studio Monitor should I pick up?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which Studio Monitor should I pick up?
M-Audio DX5 D2
2 100%
KRK Rokit 5
0 0%
KRK Rokit 6
0 0%
Voters: 2.
    Hey guys just hoping I could get some help picking out some studio monitors. Right now I'm deciding between the following options.

M-Audio DX5 D2: $250
    KRK Rokit 5: $350
    KRK Rokit 6: $450

Which of those speakers is the best bang for buck? I hear the DX5 D2's are surprisingly good for the money. Is that true, or am I better off saving up for a pair of Rokit 5's or 6's? I'm not an audio nazi, but I do want the best possible sound I can get on my limited budget ($500.) Please select which speaker's you think i should buy in the poll.

Thanks, Malcolm
    Last edited by malio14 at Jun 3, 2014,
    I've got the older versions of the M-Audio, and I love mine. They are fairly flat, the KRK's a extremely bass heavy, so if you're producing metal its a good idea to get KRK's but for anything else, they're not really all that great. The M-Audio's are fairly transparent, so what you mix is what you get.
    Gear:
    1987 Charvel Model II
    2010 Carvin ST300C
    1990 Charvette 100
    1991 Ibanez RG560M
    2006 Fender Mexi Strat
    Jackson/Charvel Star W/ Custom Graphics.
    Ovation CP 247 Acoustic
    Line 6 POD HD Pro X
    Pro Tools 9

Tutorial: Studio Quality Programmed Drum Sounds
    None of them are stellar, but the Rokit are more expensive other than not flat at all.

I'd save some money, try some Equator D8, some Yamaha HS8, some EVE stuff, because they all would be a great improvement, but if you absolutely have to buy a pair, between these three, go for the M-Audio's.
    Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
    I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
    Quote by Cajundaddy
    Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
    Quote by chrismendiola
    I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.