Hi Folks,
I am trying to record an electric guitar part in Ableton Live and using Guitar Rig for the tones. I used a couple of presets but somehow the tones are just not good.
Can anyone please suggest some ways of getting a Pearl Jam sort of Distortion Tone with the plugin???

Thanks
Shounak
First of all, presets in general are a starting point for people who don't really know how to start, but they are no more than a starting point, so try tweaking them.

Also, though I don't really know how pear jam sound, I'd get rid of guitar rig already in favor of something like LePou's stuff, Nick Crow's stuff, Mercuriall's stuff and so on.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Guitar Rig has some pretty bad cab sounds. You'll want to turn off the cab and use a cab impulse loader like LeCab or kefIR instead.
There's a special sex move I do called the Charizard.
It's where you light the girls pubes, then put it out with your cum and run around the room flapping your arms screaming, "You don't have enough badges to train me!"
if Im not mistaken, Guitar Rig 5 now comes with some Red Wirez IRs, and GR5 also comes with its own IR loader called Reflektor which is MUCH easier to use than Kefir. which doubles as a decent reverb.
Marty Friedman is GOD!

curently in a SEX MACHINEGUNS and X JAPAN phase AND Galneryus AND Anthem phase

damn J-Metal, why you so awesome

My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1 fr
Ibanez RG321mh
Fender GDC-200sce
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ sanpera 1