I'm a new player and I need help!
Soo I still have time forming the dreaded barre chords.

Is there any substitions for the F chord?

It would so much to me if you could give me answers if there are any.
Last edited by VampsBYE5sos at Jun 6, 2014,
There are, but i dont recommend doing them until you can do your F bar chord.

We have all struggled with that chord when starting out, and looking the other way wont help you. You will be much better off if you put the time in and get that F chord down, than if you find an alternative way of playing it.
Fusion and jazz musician, a fan of most music.

Quote by Guthrie Govan
“If you steal from one person it's theft, and if you steal from lots of people it's research”

Quote by Chick Corea
"Only play what you hear. If you don't hear anything, don't play anything."
Barre chords are tricky until you build up the finger strength and muscle memory to play them. However I don't find the need to play barre chords any more whilst doing session work, leave the bass notes to the bass! Try playing something likes

E--x
A--x
D--3
G--2
B--1
E--1

This is the same as a barre chord but without the bottom notes. This can be played as a substitute for any barre chord with the root on the 6th string
You'll have to conquer the F barre chord just like everybody else Just practice your barre chords farther up the neck where they're easier to play and you'll eventually develop the finger strength to play that F chord.

For a quick substitute of course you can play the F chord with its root on the A string at the 8th fret, but it's going to sound higher and thinner than that huge thing on the 1st fret E string.
--x
--x
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Everybody struggles with F at first, well most of us. Took me a year or so to get it down, but then again I'm just a casual player.

A trick I used was when playing songs with the dreaded chord, was to use a powerchord instead (top 3 strings). And of course practicing it outside songs.

But for me it was important to actually play a song; this was, after all, why I picked up the guitar in the first place.