So I recently bought a 13 year old Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 401 combo. It is in excellent condition as the guy who owned it before me never gigged and it just stayed in his bedroom (This is what I use it for mostly). I had a performance night at my school, so all the guitarists that night (3) used it. It was on the whole time, so about an hour to an hour and a half, but mostly on standby.

So I went home after my band kicked ass and played a bit and it was fine. However, I think it was the next day, maybe 2 days later I turned it on and it wouldn't work. The speaker started quietly humming as it always does and the power switch was glowing. I looked in the back and at the tubes and they weren't lighting up.

I emailed the guy who sold me it and he said that it could be the bridge rectifier overheating. This had happened to him and he got it fixed about 5 years ago. I know nothing but the basic idea about how amps work, so any help or suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks!
Quote by StaticBacon
So I recently bought a 13 year old Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 401 combo. It is in excellent condition as the guy who owned it before me never gigged and it just stayed in his bedroom (This is what I use it for mostly). I had a performance night at my school, so all the guitarists that night (3) used it. It was on the whole time, so about an hour to an hour and a half, but mostly on standby.

So I went home after my band kicked ass and played a bit and it was fine. However, I think it was the next day, maybe 2 days later I turned it on and it wouldn't work. The speaker started quietly humming as it always does and the power switch was glowing. I looked in the back and at the tubes and they weren't lighting up.

I emailed the guy who sold me it and he said that it could be the bridge rectifier overheating. This had happened to him and he got it fixed about 5 years ago. I know nothing but the basic idea about how amps work, so any help or suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks!

Well something similar to my DSL100 happened and I had to have traces removed and hardwired on the PCB. Take it to a tech
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I think you may have ****ed one power tube, then one fuse fused, hence your power amp isn't getting current anymore.

I'd check both the fuses and the power tubes.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by Spambot_2
I think you may have ****ed one power tube, then one fuse fused, hence your power amp isn't getting current anymore.

I'd check both the fuses and the power tubes.

Both fuses are fine and I'm not quite sure how to check the power tubes.
Quote by StaticBacon
Both fuses are fine and I'm not quite sure how to check the power tubes.

look and see if any of the power tubes have turned white in the inside?

Other than that, you need to take it to someone who has electronics knowledge
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
look and see if any of the power tubes have turned white in the inside?

Other than that, you need to take it to someone who has electronics knowledge

Will do. I'm taking it to music shop in a couple of days.