So I've owned an Ibanez RGA32 for a while now, the one with the mahogany oil finish. I've noticed that the finish is looking a bit dull where my arm is always resting on the body, which is to be expected I guess. Any tips on how I can get it polish it/get it shiny again?

I've looked around everywhere on every link with every search result that google gives me but all I can find is maintenance tips for nitro and lacquer finishes and such
I'd suggest wiping it down with a cloth and guitar polish. DO NOT however use Dunlop formula 65; it contains silicon and it is pretty much the worst thing you can put on a guitar's finish.
Ah, thanks for mentioning that man. If I listened to the guy at my local music shop I would've used my bottle of Dunlop 65...good thing I didn't.
If the guitar is a natural oil finish with no polyurethane or nitrocelulous lacquer applied over it, you should use a mixture of mineral spirits and tongue oil to refinish the wood. Mix the tongue oil and mineral spirits so it is quite thin. The mineral spirits will easily penetrate the wood carrying the oil with it. Make a few applications and let the guitar sit for a bit, then wipe off the excess and let the guitar sit for a day or so to allow the wood to soak it up. The wood will look like new again. If the guitar has a clear coat finish on it use a product called Magic Cabinet and Wood, sold by Home Depot in their cleaning supply department. It is a pure Carnuba Wax based product that works better than anything I've ever used. It can be used on all finished wood AND the metal hardware of the guitar. Fabulous stuff and it's cheap. Most of the guitar manufacturers recommend using carnuba wax on their finished guitars. Use a microfiber cloth to apply it and buff it out with another clean microfiber cloth. The shine will amaze you.
Take a few rocks soaked in dish washing soap. Rub them vigorously across the finish of the guitar. The more jagged the rocks the better the shine.

That should do it.
I don't have an oil finished guitar or a natural finish or whatever its called. For all of my guitars, both nitro and poly finished, I use Bowdens Own Car Wax. Its essentially carnuaba wax with no silicones etc. Its high end stuff and works a treat. Im not going to go as far as recommend that you use it on any of your guitars just in case its not compatible with your guitars, but for me its awesome and as a bonus I can use it on my car as well and in this instance I definitely recommend it. Two birds, One stone.
Quote by cheesefries
Take a few rocks soaked in dish washing soap. Rub them vigorously across the finish of the guitar. The more jagged the rocks the better the shine.

That should do it.

Alright so. Which do you recommend? Like a bunch of small pebbles or a few big ones? Also should I do the back of the guitar as well? It would kinda suck to have such a pristine finish on the top of the guitar alone right!

Oh and, thank you everyone else for your perfectly respectable yet significantly inferior advice
Quote by randomsaguy
Alright so. Which do you recommend? Like a bunch of small pebbles or a few big ones? Also should I do the back of the guitar as well? It would kinda suck to have such a pristine finish on the top of the guitar alone right!

Oh and, thank you everyone else for your perfectly respectable yet significantly inferior advice

Tossing it in a cement mixer with aggregate and sand in the proper proportions for an M20 grade cement (less the cement, of course) is a great way to get the entire guitar done. Highly recommended.

After that, a good layer of carnauba wax (I use the pure stuff in the one-pound tin of Johnson's Paste Wax). On Everything. If you wax it every couple of months, you can go longer between episodes in the cement mixer.
Quote by 12_Years_A_Slav
I'd suggest wiping it down with a cloth and guitar polish. DO NOT however use Dunlop formula 65; it contains silicon and it is pretty much the worst thing you can put on a guitar's finish.

No, it doesn't.

It does however contain silicone.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin