Hello people!

I have an ESP M-ii Deluxe and I want to get the full neck measured so a luthier can rebuild the neck of the guitar.

It is not possible to ship the guitar, so I was wondering if someone had this exact guitar and was curious about the neckshape & dimensions of it.

Thanks in advance,

Greetings,

Tunder
Quote by RetroGunslinger
using nines for drop C# is like stringing the guitar with spaghetti

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Mesa/Boogie Simul 295 Stereo
Framus FR212 v30
This is when you ask ESP.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
what happened to it?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
what happened to it?

Nothing, I am just wanting to get a different kind of wood in the neck, haha... This neck is made of 1 piece maple and it is a bit worn out.
I am trying to get a different neck, but I want the same feel on it.

Quote by oneblackened
This is when you ask ESP.

Yeah, I already did that, but the only thing I got was:
1st fret: 20.2
12th fret: 22
Quote by RetroGunslinger

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Framus FR212 v30
Last edited by Tunder250 at Jun 4, 2014,
Ah ok.

Are you sure that's sensible? It's going to cost a lot (I assume) and will devalue the thing.

How is it "worn out"? Guitars shouldn't wear out.

It might be easier and no more expensive (or not much) to just get another guitar if you want something different.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
Ah ok.

Are you sure that's sensible? It's going to cost a lot (I assume) and will devalue the thing.

It might be easier and no more expensive (or not much) to just get another guitar if you want something different.

Let's just say that it can survive the stairs ;-)
Just a few knicks in the neck..

I don't want something else, I want this guitar, haha....

I found someone who makes a neck for not too much (cheaper than a used similar guitar)

It's just my dream guitar, that's why I want to keep it.
I still play with it, that's why I can't ship it to him.
Quote by RetroGunslinger

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Framus FR212 v30
Quote by Dave_Mc
Ah ok.

I'm not sure if it will get devalued if he keeps the old neck and sold the guitar with the old neck if he wanted to?

Quote by Tunder250
Let's just say that it can survive the stairs ;-)
Just a few knicks in the neck..

I don't want something else, I want this guitar, haha....

I found someone who makes a neck for not too much (cheaper than a used similar guitar)
It's just my dream guitar, that's why I want to keep it.
I still play with it, that's why I can't ship it to him.

Good to hear that it's your dream guitar.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Profile_gauge
http://youtu.be/y8gyW6UorWw
http://www.crookcustomguitars.com/2012/07/23/how-to-measure-a-guitar-neck/

That should help you out, I guess.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Last edited by Sakke at Jun 4, 2014,
Quote by Sakke
I'm not sure if it will get devalued if he keeps the old neck and sold the guitar with the old neck if he wanted to?

Somehow I misread the thread title and thought it was the neck-thru version. That pretty much explains all my posts in this thread.

Yeah if it's a bolt-on then go for it, kind of thing, and ignore what I said up until now. I thought it was a neck-thru
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
Somehow I misread the thread title and thought it was the neck-thru version. That pretty much explains all my posts in this thread.

Yeah if it's a bolt-on then go for it, kind of thing, and ignore what I said up until now. I thought it was a neck-thru

Ah... Explains a lot...
No, I prefer bolts-on over neck-through.
I just love the guitar.. Sounds amazing.
But oh well.... A different neck on it would look even sexier!

Quote by Sakke
something

Thanks for the information!!
Quote by RetroGunslinger

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Framus FR212 v30
Yeah sorry For some reason I read the "deluxe" bit in the thread title to mean "neck-thru". Not sure what I was thinking.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
Yeah sorry For some reason I read the "deluxe" bit in the thread title to mean "neck-thru". Not sure what I was thinking.

Quote by RetroGunslinger

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Framus FR212 v30
I've been compiling a small database of the guitars I come across, and started doing it almost exactly as the guy in the video -- a simple contour gauge will replicate the shape. But rather than use a sharpie, I've simply laid it on a piece of graph paper (1/16th" increments) and photographed it. It's a bit more accurate, since the sharpie will always produce a smaller neck profile. The neck width will be less material to the whole thing, though it backs up the contour gauge. It's really helpful to apply the calipers to the neck depth as well, from the center of the fretboard to the back of the neck. That gives you an accurate depth of the neck without strings and frets. In addition, I'll usually take a set of radius gauges separately to the fretboard and to the frets themselves. I do both because frets are sometimes milled to a different radius (often due to manual leveling) than the fretboard.

If you've got someone duplicating your neck, you'll want to figure out what fretwire is being used as well. The calipers will give you height and width (thickness?) of the frets.

If you've got nicks in the back and sides of the neck, you'll probably find that those can be filled, sanded, and then painted over easily enough. That would preserve a working neck. And tell your girlfriend/bandmate/drunken self that the next time this happens, the neck will become a permanent resident of her/his/your descending colon.
Quote by Dave_Mc

Drugs...is a tebblble thang. They messes you UP, mang.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?