Hey Guys,

So I recently got a Schecter Hell raiser C-1 Fr (Used) and I think it may have some problems.

It is loaded with EMGs 81tw and 89r, which both sound very weak in comparison with my Ibanez Rg which has basic Inf Passive Pups.

I don't have any previous experience with EMGs but it has to sound better and louder than Ibanez passives right ?

Could there be any electrical issues causing the poor sound ?

Any suggestions ?

Thanks.
Change the battery.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
I had one of those and had the same problem. I changed the battery multiple times and even took it to a repair shop to have the wiring checked out and whatnot and they couldn't find anything wrong with it. I eventually just sold it. I have other guitars with EMGs and haven't had that problem with those. So I don't know
Are they the original pickups or were they changed out at some point. If so, check wiring /diagram. Also, try jiggling all your wires to make sure you dont hear any popping or an increase/decrease in sound. Sometimes the pickups get the blame for a bad tone or volume pot...
Quote by Metal Militia
I had one of those and had the same problem. I changed the battery multiple times and even took it to a repair shop to have the wiring checked out and whatnot and they couldn't find anything wrong with it. I eventually just sold it. I have other guitars with EMGs and haven't had that problem with those. So I don't know

It sounds like you know what I'm going through. I lost count how many batteries I wasted. I took it to a tech who couldn't find any problems. It's not that the Output is low rather the output quality is very poor sounding.

I don't want to sell this guitar yet because it plays so good....but sounds sooo bad