_KoD_
93 IQ
Sometimes, when i listen to songs in drop C# (like "paralyzed" by As I lay dying) it seems that.. Drop C # sounds heavier than Drop C. It's a bit weird 'cause Drop C is lower than Drop C #. It's me or anyone else noticed it?
_KoD_
93 IQ
Yeah, i know, but drop C # actually sounds heavier than drop C?
Morphogenesis26
UG Nerd
559 IQ
Quote by _KoD_
Yeah, i know, but drop C # actually sounds heavier than drop C?

Unplug your electric and tune it to drop C# and drop C. Drop C should have a bassier tone since it is a lower note.
vIsIbleNoIsE
The Asian-Viking Paradox
1,558 IQ
unless you're listening to the same song recorded the same way but with the guitars/bass tuned differently, you don't really have a good comparison
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
deathofagod
Rocket
289 IQ
It's not all to do with tuning, Sylosis are heavy as **** and play E standard. I find it's more a mix of amp settings and right hand technique.
mp8andrade
Do people even read this?
2,016 IQ
It's all based on the EQ, equipment used, etc. A Greater Foundation by As I Lay Dying is in Drop Eb and is heavier (the guitar's tone) than a lot of Drop B and A# songs out there.
MaggaraMarine
Slapping the bass.
3,474 IQ
What you could do is record the same riff with drop C# and drop C tuning and compare them. You may notice that they sound the same, drop C just sounds lower (and sometimes lower is also considered heavier).

It's all about the amp settings and mixing and all that. It doesn't have to do with the tuning. You can write really heavy stuff in standard tuning too.

You can't compare two different bands or two different songs because the heaviness is not in the tuning. It's in the riff and in the tone (and in the way it's played).
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,968 IQ
Quote by MaggaraMarine
What you could do is record the same riff with drop C# and drop C tuning and compare them. You may notice that they sound the same, drop C just sounds lower (and sometimes lower is also considered heavier).

It's all about the amp settings and mixing and all that. It doesn't have to do with the tuning. You can write really heavy stuff in standard tuning too.

You can't compare two different bands or two different songs because the heaviness is not in the tuning. It's in the riff and in the tone (and in the way it's played).

yeah it depends on how well they're bringin' teh br00talz.
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht
5,710 IQ
Ever heard of the band Morbid Angel's album "Altars of Madness"? It is played in Eb standard (Eb Ab Db Gb Bb Eb). To this day, it's still some of the heaviest death metal. "Heaviness" is more than just tuning low. You have to write heavy stuff, not tune down and figure it will "automatically" be heavy somehow.