Ok so I'm a very very new guitar player and by new I mean I have never strum a guitar in my life so I have decided on buying a yamaha pafica but there's two models I'm looking at

Option1
https://www.google.com/shopping/product/5834088760090763257?q=Yamaha+Pacifica+112v&client=ms-android-att-us&espv=1&sboxchip=Shopping&biw=360&bih=567&ei=WXmPU6yvEtSwsQSEl4GYCg&ved=0CKkBEKYrMAU

Option 2
https://www.google.com/search?q=Yamaha+Pacifica+112v&client=ms-android-att-us&espvd=1&source=lnms&tbm=shop&sboxchip=Shopping&sa=X&ei=VHmPU7PdHpOtsASRkIHIAw&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=360&bih=567#spd=1347463247625423619

I like option one better because it's cheaper and it has a black front plate instead of a white but option two (112v) people say that the 112v is the best one but if option one any worse?
Last edited by gunloveinfacist at Jun 4, 2014,
Since this is your first guitar I'd say you should go for the cheaper one because for one it's cheaper, and two you like how it looks more. Neither are going to sound THAT much better than the other, so put the extra money you save towards a decent practice amplifier with some fun effects for you to play with.

If you find yourself falling in love with playing guitar, then in time you will upgrade to a better model. No sense in over-spending on a starter rig.

Just my two cents.
I still don't understand how someone buys a guitar they've never played? I love online shopping just as much as the next fella, but I guess I still prefer the "test drive"....
Quote by staxxxmcgee
I still don't understand how someone buys a guitar they've never played? I love online shopping just as much as the next fella, but I guess I still prefer the "test drive"....

I have no idea how to play guitar any way like absolutely no idea again never strum one in my life I plan on learning how to play tru guitartricks.Com so even if I went into a store and messed with a guitar I wouldn't know what was better or how to play it
You may want to look into finding a local instructor to teach you the basics if you can afford it. Even just to learn things like how to hold a pick, how to change your strings, how to tune up, reading guitar tablature, etc.

Going it alone can be difficult and discouraging at times, but it's not impossible to self-teach.

There's plenty of great content on youtube and around the internet, including this forum!

Just remember that you must be patient with yourself, as learning guitar is a gradual process. Try your best not to get frustrated.

Good luck!
I would get the 112v. It's better, and gives you more chance of sticking with it. Yes, you don't want to spend too much in case you don't stick with it, but spend too little and you risk it becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy too.

Quote by staxxxmcgee

kinda hard to do that when he can't play yet...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by staxxxmcgee

I still don't understand how someone suggests a "test drive" to someone who's never played a guitar. He has no clue what or how to "drive."

Online is pretty much as good as anything.
I recommend that you look at some YouTube videos that help you learn to play. There a lot of different perspectives on different aspects of playing an its free vs. music lessons. I use YouTube with my practice sessions an it seems to do the trick.
Fender Standard Stratocaster
Fender Mustang II V2 Amp