Poll: Are you afraid to die?
Poll Options
View poll results: Are you afraid to die?
Yes
41 35%
No
56 47%
I don't know
21 18%
Voters: 118.
Page 1 of 4
I used to be very afraid of death, but over the years I've come to accept it and I don't think I'm afraid of death any more. But who knows how I'll feel on my deathbed.
Quote by metal4eva_22
But who knows how I'll feel on my deathbed.
Like you're dying. "Ugh, I'm dying over here." ha ha ha ha ha
Quote by seanlang01
Like you're dying. "Ugh, I'm dying over here." ha ha ha ha ha

ha ha thats a good 1

afraid of life
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
No, but if I were to be cornered by a guy with a chainsaw, I'd be afraid.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
I voted no to be cool but I'm a liar.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
I think it depends on age and manner of death.
I'd be scared to die now, because there is stuff I want to do. But if I was old and dying peacefully, having achieved my life goals, I would not be scared.
I have nothing important to say
I live in a constant state of dissonance, where I want to die but am inconceivably afraid of death. It is quite an unfortunate stalemate.
Yea, I'd say I am. I'm not afraid of what is or isn't after, just that it's the end. I can't do anything else after that.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by KingChris90
No, YOLO

you only yolo once
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by Joshua Garcia
No, but if I were to be cornered by a guy with a chainsaw, I'd be afraid.

You're not afraid of death, you're afraid of pain. And rightfully so, a chainsaw sounds like it would hurt a lot.

As for this thread's question, being afraid of death is ****ing stupid, stop doing it.
no, the fear of death always seemed silly to me, regardless of your beliefs

i'd rather not know about it ahead of time though
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
I don't think about it often at all, and fear isn't really what gets me when I do

but I prob still am I just never have to face it, luckily
Quote by beadhangingOne
As for this thread's question, being afraid of death is ****ing stupid, stop doing it.

So hardcore.

It isn't admirable to be unafraid of death, that is insanity; rather, it is admirable to be afraid of death yet act in defiance of it.
My God, it's full of stars!
im never gonna die

Quote by Dreadnought
So hardcore.

It isn't admirable to be unafraid of death, that is insanity; rather, it is admirable to be afraid of death yet act in defiance of it.

yeah but most of us here believe you can't even be dead, like that's not a thing you can possibly experience, so it seems silly to fear what you can't even be

even if you believe in an after life, wouldn't you be awaiting paradise?
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
sounds like a bad time. i'm afraid of bad times.
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by Dreadnought
So hardcore.

bro

come at me bro

Quote by Dreadnought
It isn't admirable to be unafraid of death, that is insanity

I never said it was admirable.

rather, it is admirable to be afraid of death yet act in defiance of it.

okay
i think i'd mostly be afraid of the pain. the worst i've gotten hurt thus far is a bad bruise.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
I'm afraid of not doing great things for the world before I die.

Death itself is not something I'm afraid of though. I'm not going to experience death itself when I die any more than a character in a book experiences the end of the last chapter in a novel. Despite the book closing, the characters keep on living out their lives. I try to see death and the death of my consciousness the same way.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jun 4, 2014,
My real answer is yes, but I don't really make it a habit to think about it a lot. And sometimes it motivates me to do things.

I'm convinced like 80+ percent of you saying no aren't being totally honest with yourselves.
Quote by beadhangingOne
bro

come at me bro

I never said it was admirable.

okay

But seriously, "I ain't afraid of death!" is lame.
My God, it's full of stars!
I kind of see death as something more neutral than negative, really. Although the way someone usually dies is probably a terrible experience.

And look Dready, I can't help that I feel somewhat indifferent towards my own death, ok? We're not (all) exactly boasting. I understand and sympathise with the feeling of being afraid to die, I just don't share it.

Also, I feel like my attitude towards my own death will probably change if/when I have children.
I think I'm more afraid of missing out on things in life rather than death itself.

Maybe that means I am afraid of death. I don't know. I'm not exactly excited about it.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Sometimes, when I think of it, it makes me sad, but not really afraid, since I hope it won't be painful.
Not sure if a sig is a necessity.
I'm afraid of the pain during the dying. Not of what does or does not come afterwards.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Page 1 of 4