Budget: 1500 used can go up
genre: heavier darker indie rock? but would like to be able to do war on drugs kinda stuff. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2F9c9s3ewc
preferably combo and 2x12 so small. gig use. located in austin. using an orange, i play lead guitar
preferably something clean and then a distortion/overdrive(of your recommendation)
effects loop isn't necessary
nothing extremely loud
reliable

thanks
I'd go with an Egnater Rebel/Renegade or an older Marshall (I think the dsl 401 is what I'm thinking of).
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Marshall Vintage Modern
Peavey Classic
Marshall DSL401
Marshall JCM800
Orange Dual Terror maybe (will need a cab)
Maybe a VHT Special 12/20 or Special 44 (I haven't tried these bigger ones)

All amps are loud. Luckily, most amps have a master volume so you can dial them to the volume you need.

The question is, do you need cleans at drummer volumes? Do you need pristine cleans, or do you like dirty cleans? This is what dictates how much wattage you need.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at Jun 4, 2014,
Quote by Offworld92
Marshall Vintage Modern
Peavey Classic
Marshall DSL401
Marshall JCM800
Orange Dual Terror maybe (will need a cab)
Maybe a VHT Special 12/20 or Special 44 (I haven't tried these bigger ones)

All amps are loud. Luckily, most amps have a master volume so you can dial them to the volume you need.

The question is, do you need cleans at drummer volumes? Do you need pristine cleans, or do you like dirty cleans? This is what dictates how much wattage you need.

as of right now dirty cleans and yeah drummer volumes would be nice but not 100% required.
Well dirty cleans at drummer volumes means you want something in the range between 20W and 50W. Note that amp wattage is not a consistent or relative figure, really. One amp's 50W won't necessarily equal another amp's 50W. But it can be used as a rough measurement tool, as long as you're aware that it's mostly an arbitrary number and not really scientific in precision.

All of the recommendations on my list still stand, except the JCM800 maybe. I'm not too familiar with those combos, not sure if they're 50W or 100W combos. Probably either option. Not too sure on the model numbering on those either.

The Vintage Modern combo is my first recommendation though. Try one out if you can (though they aren't too common). Most Youtube demos I've seen don't really portray the range of tones the amp is capable of and what kinds of sounds you can squeeze out of them (it's one of my favorite amps, high up on my to-get list).
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X