slyrez
30 IQ
I saw them live last week in Seattle. never listened to them. after i went home i listened to them and i like them a lot. Scott Lewis has some brutal vocals. I hear mixed things about them.
VampireGoldfish
Suddenly...
360 IQ
Terrible. Worthless. Uninteresting. Pass.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes
451 IQ
I don't mind Carnifex, but I don't judge deathcore too harshly, though neither do I take it very seriously. Don't expect to find much love for them on this site.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
The Virtuoso
L'√Čtranger
290 IQ
Kirkisking is alive!

OP, do yourself a favor and go to the recommendation thread at the top of the page and listen to the death metal essentials, or go to the death metal thread and ask for a rec.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes
451 IQ

Quote by DisarmGoliath
eazy-c
Angus McHighlands
40 IQ
The new ones are way cooler.

Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes
451 IQ
Pffft, my 11 year old self rejects change.

Quote by DisarmGoliath
beadhangingOne
Gnomesaiyan?
796 IQ
Quote by eazy-c
The new ones are way cooler.

It never ceases to amaze me how much Blizzard aped the shit out of W40K. That thing looks exactly like a Zergling. But yeah, Tyrannid = Zerg, Space Marine = Terran, Eldar = Protoss
rootsofmy
20 IQ
Quote by beadhangingOne
It never ceases to amaze me how much Blizzard aped the shit out of W40K. That thing looks exactly like a Zergling. But yeah, Tyrannid = Zerg, Space Marine = Terran, Eldar = Protoss

and same for Warcraft and LotR+Warhammer
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes
451 IQ
And LOTR just ripped of Old English Poetry, so there's that.

Quote by DisarmGoliath
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht
490 IQ
Quote by ChemicalFire
And LOTR just ripped of Old English Poetry, so there's that.

And Viking myths and the Bible.
MetalRock4ever
Watchin the world pass by
1,338 IQ
I really dig Carnifex, personally. Obviously with different people there will be different reactions, but they're one of the metal bands that seem to be pretty damn good when it comes to changing their music. Their first few releases were more heavier, now it's more melodic. I don't mind the change, as long as it's good, I'm happy. Yeah, Scott has great vocals

I'm not sure about the mixed feelings, I haven't come across any rumours like BMTH's actions. I think the main hate comes from the genre. I don't understand why people don't like Deathcore; there's barely any difference between deathcore and death metal. I hate it when people try and make it out that there's a massive difference between the two genres, waste of time.
"Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.” Shakespeare - Macbeth
Last edited by MetalRock4ever at Jun 16, 2014,
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes
451 IQ
The main issue with the latest Carnifex was that the songs would go pretty well and then they'd randomly put breakdowns in which all end up sounding rather pointless and trite. They don't ultimately add anything.

They'd honestly make a better album if they dropped the Breakdowns and just became a full on Modern Death Metal band.

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Last edited by ChemicalFire at Jun 16, 2014,
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes
451 IQ
Breakdowns CAN... or could before they got overused to ****, be a useful song writing tool, but they just get thrown in seemingly at random nowadays and are mostly pointless.

Quote by DisarmGoliath
MetalRock4ever
Watchin the world pass by
1,338 IQ
Quote by ChemicalFire
The main issue with the latest Carnifex was that the songs would go pretty well and then they'd randomly put breakdowns in which all end up sounding rather pointless and trite. They don't ultimately add anything.

They'd honestly make a better album if they dropped the Breakdowns and just became a full on Modern Death Metal band.

I'm not so sure they get thrown in randomly for the majority of the songs, though there are some, and some of those breakdowns are a little bit too light for the tune (Creation Defaced for example, still a good song imo). I would say that they managed to fit the breakdowns in most of their songs very well, but hey, that is my opinion.
"Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.” Shakespeare - Macbeth