i am not going to get rid of the guitar. its nothing rare however it is the 60th anniversary edition, but i am sure they made several thousand out there, so i kind of discount that.

if i pull them out of a guitar i am not for sure holding onto, then i keep the origionals.

MIA tele pickups, sell or hoard? what is a good price for the set?

also i will be getting another tele, an AVRI though, so i obviously wouldn't throw them in there.

i left the stock pots jack and switch in.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i am not going to get rid of the guitar.

I've said/thought that before. Things can change. I'd hold on to them.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
^I agree

you never know what is going to happen in 10 years time. You should ALWAYS keep the original parts that came with your guitar. Even if something breaks, keep the broken bits.
Not taking any online orders.
Keep em, I put my left over Carvin M22 in my Charvette. It ended up being a decent combination.
Gear:
1987 Charvel Model II
2010 Carvin ST300C
1990 Charvette 100
1991 Ibanez RG560M
2006 Fender Mexi Strat
Jackson/Charvel Star W/ Custom Graphics.
Ovation CP 247 Acoustic
Line 6 POD HD Pro X
Pro Tools 9

Tutorial: Studio Quality Programmed Drum Sounds
If you ever sell that guitar, including the original pups in the deal may interest someone who wants to have it as stock/original/vintage as possible or whatever
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
keep yer pups, let's face it, it's just a tele no matter what Fender calls it. You WILL want to get rid of it eventually unless you play a lot of Nashville C&W stuff. Got rid of my tele years ago, they are incredibly limiting...unless you're Brad Paisley or Roy Buchanan (which I am not).
Scarred for life!

Rig:
Gibson LPC
Jackson DK10D
Fender HM Strat
Custom built Tele-type
Alvarez 5040 Koa
Epiphone 12 string
Blue Voodoo 50
Dunlop 213 slide
Fender M-80 chorus
Digitech Jimi Hendrix Experience
When you change the pickups, keep the old ones. That way, you can put the old ones back in when you get rid of the guitar and still have the new pickups.
Gear:

ESP EC-50
ESP FB-204

MXR '78 Custom Badass Distortion
Dunlop Crybaby
MXR EVH Phase 90
MXR Analog Chorus

"Music is the strongest form of magic." - Marilyn Manson
I have never sold a guitar...but I'd keep non-defective* pickups I swapped out, just in case.

* I actually did get a guitar with a defective pickup once.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
I'm on the other side of the fence, I say sell them

The 60th Anniversary guitars aren't anything special, almost all Fenders (Mexican and American) in 2006 had a little metal badge on the back of the headstock and/or a different neck plate. Other than that they're identical to every other one out there

American Standard pickups are a dime a dozen, they aren't hard to find and didn't really change that much between the 90's and 2010's. It will be easy to find an original set to put back in the guitar down the road, and 95% of people will see the new pickups as a nice upgrade anyways.

Trade 'em for a cool pedal, or stick them in a cheaper Tele

EDIT: I'm assuming Am Telecaster components were updated alongside Am Stratocasters through the years. I have no idea, as I'm not a Tele guy
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Last edited by Flux'D at Jun 5, 2014,
i was really on the fence when i posted (why i created the thread). i think i will just tuck them away. i do still know i won't be selling it though. i know that sounds different than the norm, but if its a quality instrument, now i am keeping them.

i am around 22-24 guitars atm, and wont be selling any of those. they are all good guitars. at one point i was at 40, sold until i got down to 12, bought some nice newer higher end ones, got rid of most of the 12 and i am where i sit. i will be hoarding them now . and if i were to sell it, $500-$600 i paid ($575 or something) isn't worth it to me.

i don't need the money back from them. i am sitting at a comfortable position. also if my wife were to divorce me, i have prenuptials on both houses two cars and any musical instrument in any form. so she wouldn't get a damn thing. but i do love her

so i shall tuck them away (which is exactly what i have done with any other pickup i have swapped.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i was really on the fence when i posted (why i created the thread). i think i will just tuck them away. i do still know i won't be selling it though. i know that sounds different than the norm, but if its a quality instrument, now i am keeping them.

i am around 22-24 guitars atm, and wont be selling any of those. they are all good guitars. at one point i was at 40, sold until i got down to 12, bought some nice newer higher end ones, got rid of most of the 12 and i am where i sit. i will be hoarding them now . and if i were to sell it, $500-$600 i paid ($575 or something) isn't worth it to me.

i don't need the money back from them. i am sitting at a comfortable position. also if my wife were to divorce me, i have prenuptials on both houses two cars and any musical instrument in any form. so she wouldn't get a damn thing. but i do love her

so i shall tuck them away (which is exactly what i have done with any other pickup i have swapped.

Pics!
Quote by Ippon
Pics!

i am assuming of the guitar?

its in another thread too.

or were you talking about the pickups?

i think i am going to just store them.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by CodeMonk
I replaced the pickups in my Epiphone LP, Strat, and Ibanez and kept all the original pickups.

i have no idea where the hell they are but i know i have a some from a Gibson SG, Ibanez prestige (dimarzio/ibz shit), a set of texas specials that i pulled out of a strat, the pickups in my strat are stock and when i was given the strat from a friend he requested that i didn't change anything unless it had to. its all stock minus the graphtech saddles which were breaking strings. and i know i have a fender humbucker somewhere (atomic 2 IIRC shit) so i will leave them. but have no idea where they are.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by damskippy
keep yer pups, let's face it, it's just a tele no matter what Fender calls it. You WILL want to get rid of it eventually unless you play a lot of Nashville C&W stuff. Got rid of my tele years ago, they are incredibly limiting...unless you're Brad Paisley or Roy Buchanan (which I am not).

That's incredibly stupid. And the guy has over 20 guitars and probably as many amps, I don't think he's worried about limits.
Quote by damskippy

honesly this is complete bullshit. you have your right to opinion, but some people like teles. i bought a 52AVRI an hour ago it will ship out monday. my two teles are very different. one is a dlx with lace sensors and is a nashville (to some point or another a strat pickup in the middle). my second has twang kings and is more of a twangy county blues type thing, but the dlx with the lace sensors pull off blues better than my strat. and the AVRI is also much different than the other two. it could be a phase, but i do also own seven gibsons, and three prestige RG's (#4 in a month or two). my wolfgangs treat me too.

but teles are just as good and as useful as any other guitar out there, you can wire them up quite differently and further broaden the tone. the volume pots and tone pots make a big difference too and not just to mud either. if i wanted i could throw a humbucker in one, or anything else if i wanted, but i have enough heavy guitars for heavier music.

but YMMV
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!