My name is Maciek, I am from Poland. I have a question.

I bought a BEHRINGER NR300 effect.
I'm trying to connect effect as it is in BOSS NS-2 manual. X-mode (gates preamp and guitar at the same time: 2 -ways; 4 cables).
I use a BUGERA 6262 with serial effects loop. Below is my configuration.

Guitar -> input NR300 -> send NR300 -> AMP input
AMP FX SEND -> return NR300 -> NR300 output -> AMP FX RETURN

It does not work.
Treshold knob only gates FX LOOP signal But not responding on the signal from guitar to AMP.
Is it at all possible to connect NR300 the same way like a BOSS NS-2?
Maybe 4 cables mode is not supported on NR300?

Please help me.
And sorry for my English

Maciek
Quote by shadwell
It does not work.
Treshold knob only gates FX LOOP signal But not responding on the signal from guitar to AMP.
The FX loop is the signal coming from your guitar, passed trough the 6262's preamp.

How do you know it only gates the signal passing through the FX loop and not the one from the guitar to the amp?
I mean how do you even hear what's going from the guitar to the amp before it passes through the FX loop?
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
How do you know it only gates the signal passing through the FX loop and not the one from the guitar to the amp?

I`m switching amp to FX loop, then changing a treshold rate and I hear that noise gate works fine. Quieter sounds and noises are muted as I change a threshold rate.
But when FX loop is off, NR300 not react to changing threshold ratio.

Below is link to 4 cables method.
NS-2 4 cables
Quote by shadwell
I`m switching amp to FX loop, then changing a treshold rate and I hear that noise gate works fine. Quieter sounds and noises are muted as I change a threshold rate.
But when FX loop is off, NR300 not react to changing threshold ratio.

Below is link to 4 cables method.
NS-2 4 cables
Well that's how it should work - bypassing the FX loop makes you bypass the noise gate section of the pedal, or at least half of it.

Just keep the FX loop on.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
So the NR-300 noise gate not works as a 2-way gate at the same time?
Then for what is the description of connecting 4 cables? I can do the same thing using only 2 cables and gate only FX loop channel. Or connect: GUITAR-->GATE-->AMP. Then I gate a regular channel.

But I thought that using a 4 cables method, I can gate 2 ways (regular, and FX loop) at the same time.