I'm confused, that article is poorly written.

So he got jail for life for armed robbery but it wasn't loaded, then got released after 10 years or something?
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Trowzaa

So he got jail for life for armed robbery but it wasn't loaded, then got released after 10 years or something?

Yeah, then randomly gets put back in to serve 98 years? Lol? What?
My Gear:
-Fender American 1962 Stratocaster Reissue
-1984 Marshall JCM 800 2204
-Ibanez Wh-10 Original
-Boss DS-2 Distortion
-Boss CE-5 Chorus
Quote by Trowzaa

The 'not loaded' aspect is a red herring, has no bearing.

As I understand it, he got 98 years for several different counts but the prison system ran the sentences concurrently instead of consecutively, which got him out in 10.

When the mistake came to light, they put him back in to finish his original sentence, as the law requires.

But it's still nonsense, and I hope bringing it to light allows justice, instead of law, to prevail.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Bit strange, considering I read an article not too long ago about a guy that was wrongly released or something, had a wife and family and job and all that and they decided to not put him back in.

Quote by Trowzaa
Bit strange, considering I read an article not too long ago about a guy that was wrongly released or something, had a wife and family and job and all that and they decided to not put him back in.

Probably thinking about the one that they simply never took to prison?

Plenty of similarities, and I suspect and hope this will end up the same way.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
Probably thinking about the one that they simply never took to prison?

Plenty of similarities, and I suspect and hope this will end up the same way.

Yeah, possibly. Can't quite remember the details, I just remember thinking it was a nice story.

"And I made a mistake and tried to steal some money, and I am given my entire life in prison?"
Yeah, that's the part I think is messed up. It sort of supports the idea that the entire justice system is protector of property rather than a protector of the people. Plus it sounds like those 10 years in prison actually turned him around, unlike a lot of people. He's got a house, a wife, and kids now. Sending him back isn't going to help or protect anyone.
I don't usually care about...well...anybody but, it's hard not to feel for the guy. I don't know what his other charges are to bring it to 98 years (and I'm too lazy to find out) but he robbed a store with an unloaded gun, I don't see how a guy who has obviously changed his life around deserves this.

Ahhh well, at least the murderers and pedophiles are allowed out before they die.
When I was eleven I broke the patio window and my mother sued me... She's always been a very aggressive litigator.