"Human beings have become so enamoured of their intellectual prowess, that they've forgotten to look to the Earth as a teacher."

It's coming in to summer in England.

I'm going to go to the woods for a week. I've got a tent, a sleeping bag. I'm going to pack some simple foods, a fishing rod, clothing (Nothing with synthetic fibres), my didgeridoo, a book or two, some paper and pen.

I'm also going to take some magic mushrooms and some hash.

I'm just going to spend my time fishing, reading, writing, and meditating.

"Reading about nature is fine, but if a person walks in the woods and listens carefully, he can learn more than what is in any books, for the woods speak with the voice of God."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0MDMpPHL1Q
Last edited by Owenlee55 at Jun 5, 2014,
Are there synthetic fibers in your tent or your sleeping bag?
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Why nothing with synthetic fibers?

Also you should join the Outdoors thread. We don't have enough regulars. Or even non-regulars.
My God, it's full of stars!
have fun, Thoreau
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Are there synthetic fibers in your tent or your sleeping bag?

My tent is synthetic, yeah, sleeping bag is cotton and down or wool, it's military surplus.

Quote by Dreadnought

Also you should join the Outdoors thread. We don't have enough regulars. Or even non-regulars.

Just feels a bit more back-to-nature. I'm not going to be able to be rid of all synthetics without a lot of time being invested, but it just seems like a nice thing that can easily be done.
Quote by Owenlee55
My tent is synthetic, yeah, sleeping bag is cotton and down or wool, it's military surplus.
You'll find out pretty quick which it is if it gets wet at all. Definitely keep it out of the rain unless you know for sure, down doesn't insulate if it is wet and cotton takes ages to dry.
Quote by Owenlee55

Just feels a bit more back-to-nature. I'm not going to be able to be rid of all synthetics without a lot of time being invested, but it just seems like a nice thing that can easily be done.
True, can be a pain to do that. Knowing when to compromise is an art.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by seanlang01
You'll find out pretty quick which it is if it gets wet at all. Definitely keep it out of the rain unless you know for sure, down doesn't insulate if it is wet and cotton takes ages to dry.

Yeah, I think it's wool as down is more expensive and not at all space efficient.
I think part of why I want to do this is to experience life as a task for once, which not many people do in this day an age, not in the western world anyhow.
TS, that sounds fun. I'm pretty jealous right now.

Also, there's an outdoor thread, eh?
Time to drink yer own piss :beargrylls:
bawitaba a bang a bang diggy diggy diggy sed the boogie sed up jump the boogie
Where are you going ? Backyard woods, National Reserve or something else ?
- - - - - - - - - - -
I believe in you ts

Quote by Dreadnought

...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
Cringed at "didgeridoo"

I know exactly what type you are
Check out my band Disturbed
It all sounds good until you say you're taking mushrooms with you. I've got a terrible feeling you're going to wake up naked at the top of a 50ft tree and not be able to get back down
Quote by StewieSwan
Cringed at "didgeridoo"

Right?
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by StewieSwan
Cringed at "didgeridoo"

When I read didgeridoo I imagined him as that dude from the sexy surprise for sexy vegan or w/e it's called video
bawitaba a bang a bang diggy diggy diggy sed the boogie sed up jump the boogie