Shooter subdued with pepper spray by another student at Seattle University

Page 1 of 2
Make pepper spray illegal in half countries around the world, let's see the difference.
We need to stop exploiting tragedies to advance political agendas and instead try to have some empathy like people worth a damn.
Quote by Thrashtastic15
We need to stop exploiting tragedies to advance political agendas and instead try to have some empathy like people worth a damn.

banned
Quote by Thrashtastic15

Fucking amen.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Quote by Thrashtastic15

disagre
i don't know why i feel so dry
has school shootings become a thing

because i'm not that ok with that
BEWARE THE BANANA ARMY.

I SAY, I SAY, BEWARE THE BANANA ARMY.

They say when they finally attack, all the impostors will peel themselves. In order to tell if you have been assimilated, check for a zipper somewhere near your pelvis.

Quote by Thrashtastic15
Don't cut yourself on all that edge.

nah, i believe these events are worth examining. i'm not lacking empathy, i just keep it to myself most times.
i don't know why i feel so dry
Just when Canada was having its 15 minutes of fame you Americans had to ruin it for them
Quote by rootsofmy
Make pepper spray illegal in half countries around the world, let's see the difference.

Proper pepper spray already is illegal in the UK.
I can't wait for the news article 'Mass pepper spraying tragedy'
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Quote by TheTee56
has school shootings become a thing

because i'm not that ok with that

It has because guns are so easily available in the USA. Do Australia and the Netherlands have schoolshootings? Think not. Case proven.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Pepper spray probably assisted, but "subduing" requires some further physical action. Pepper spray doesn't fully incapacitate someone.

Good on the student that intervened tough. That took some bravery.
Quote by MadClownDisease
Proper pepper spray already is illegal in the UK.

define "proper"
Anything designed to subdue or cause harm. In the UK the closest you can get is a paint that you can't wash off.
Quote by JackalUK
Anything designed to subdue or cause harm. In the UK the closest you can get is a paint that you can't wash off.

For an added kick, ensure that the paint is lead based.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by JackalUK

don't even want to joke about that. that sux, mate.
Yeah in the UK basically you can't carry anything in public that counts as a "weapon".

Apart from my finely sculpted body.

I don't know if there's any law about owning pepper spray at home though.
It's entirely illegal to own in the UK. If you are found to own it you would be brought up for section 5 firearm offences.
Quote by MadClownDisease
Yeah in the UK basically you can't carry anything in public that counts as a "weapon".

what about set of keys or, say, a lighter?
You can carry then, actually use them and you can get into a lot of trouble though. The UK has some very strange views on self defence.
Quote by JackalUK
You can carry then, actually use them and you can get into a lot of trouble though. The UK has some very strange views on self defence.

This - although I wasn't formally charged, I got in a shit-load of trouble for using a Kubotan in self defence when a couple of guys tried to jump me in town once.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kubotan

The only reason that I had one (it was confiscated) is because I spent 12 odd years training in traditional Kenpo Jujitsu, and the Kubotan is used in sections of the syllabus for that discipline.

EDIT: I should point out that it was not a spiked Kubotan, I'd actually forgotten that they exist.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Last edited by metacarpi at Jun 6, 2014,
This is a very strange world we all live in.
But what about usual key set with some sharpened key in it or a lighter set for a sharp and quick burst?
Quote by JackalUK

We have issues with strange self defense laws in the US, too.

When I lived in GA, prior to 2010ish, I could carry as many guns on my person as I wanted and anywhere I wanted. I could be strapped head to toe with firearms and not arrested.

If I had a knife on me, of any size or purpose, I could be arrested on felony weapons charges. Probably an unlikely conviction (but not entirely impossible), but I could be taken in, at least. The wording was so vague that some people were charged for having steak knives.

The strange situation we have is that the gun lobby advocates for guns only and lobbies for other "weapons" are weaker or nonexistant. The result being, you often have more flexibility with guns than you do with other "weapons".

Quote by Thrashtastic15

Dislike.

I'm going to talk about this on Facebook with completely legit infographics that show having a gun in this case would have prevented one person from being tickled by the attacker. I'm then going to set up straw men everywhere, beat them down like they were liberals, and vomit freedom buzzwords all over myself that had nothing to do with what happened. F*** YEA!
Last edited by LordSephiroth at Jun 6, 2014,
Quote by Thrashtastic15

But the second step after empathy is always exploitation to advance political agendas, the two are inextricably intertwined.
Quote by Thrashtastic15
Don't cut yourself on all that edge.

Its not edgy. Your statement was incredibly naive. Your original statement is in itself a political statement, one for the status quo. By trying to avoid discussion, you are favoring the ways things are now, whether that stance is intentional or not. If we aren't supposed to have discussions when tragedies happen, when the hell should we?
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Kind of a confusing article. To clarify, the shooting was at Seattle Pacific University and not Seattle University or PLU (Pacific Lutheran University)
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by LordSephiroth

The strange situation we have is that the gun lobby advocates for guns only and lobbies for other "weapons" are weaker or nonexistant. The result being, you often have more flexibility with guns than you do with other "weapons".

There is some logic, actually. Guns are easier to identify with and to be spotted, they need ammunation (as default, at least) and they are louder which helps to determine the shooter.
Quote by JackalUK

Their views are that you can't defend yourself at all or you'll be breaking the law. Self defense is considered vigilantism. You have to let the unarmed cops do everything for you. Which takes forever, then if the criminal is armed, you have to let them riddle you with bullet holes for about 30 minutes until the extremely well equipped military comes and shoots the criminal with tear gas, not bullets.

But, what do I know, the government always knows best, hail the government, hail.
What I find quite interesting is on a normal day a student with pepper spray in his back pack would be considered a threat at most schools. Seems they are going for unarmed to the max. Will never stop me from carrying it though. It's half way decent protection.
Last edited by cheesefries at Jun 6, 2014,
im willing to bet that if all you anti gun guys were in a situation where you're at the mercy of a shooter you would be praying for someone to shoot that guy

cheers for the student getting him with pepper spray though
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
^ oh hey y'all females...welcome !
Quote by ethan_hanus
Their views are that you can't defend yourself at all or you'll be breaking the law. Self defense is considered vigilantism. You have to let the unarmed cops do everything for you. Which takes forever, then if the criminal is armed, you have to let them riddle you with bullet holes for about 30 minutes until the extremely well equipped military comes and shoots the criminal with tear gas, not bullets.

But, what do I know, the government always knows best, hail the government, hail.

I don't believe this is true.
Quote by macashmack
I don't believe this is true.

In the USA they are trying to rid laws of protecting yourself in your own home. A lot of new laws say you either run away or give them what they came to get. Violence somehow is bad.
Quote by cheesefries
In the USA they are trying to rid laws of protecting yourself in your own home. A lot of new laws say you either run away or give them what they came to get. Violence somehow is bad.

You need to post sources.
Page 1 of 2