AVRI tele or strat. $1300 tops. fretwear is the biggest concern, i am not sure to go strat or tele. color doesn't matter a ton but i like Olympic white, surf green, or tobacco sunburst but anything is fine.

have at it. i checked a few places and couldn't find one. i want it to be purchased from a reliable dealer NO EBAY at all, too much you don't know. reverb.com (which i looked for a few minutes) or some site like that that i have never heard of, but is reliable. i want it to come in the shape that it is pictured and packed well.

have at it (common danny!)!
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Jun 6, 2014,
i am F***ed. just bought one. incoming NGD next week. danny i will send you a PM with the link. thanks for looking for me. you will be the first to know which one.

the rest of you can wait. (jeopardy theme)
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Glad to help!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Glad to help!

thanks. check your PM's.

you really know where to look. damn. so from your i have learned GAF, Reverb.com, are there any good others? and when i looked a day or two ago the guitar i got wasn't even listed.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
My Mom is "The Queen of All Shopping", and has taught me much.

When I look for guitars, amps or effects, where I shop depends on what I'm looking for...and I'm always finding new places to look. I'm always looking at GC, Sweetwater, MusicGoRound, and other big names, but other desires drive me down unfamiliar paths.

For instance, my Dad was military, so I learned early on that the PX stocks all kinds of interesting things for the troops (tax free), and much more was available in the catalogs than in the stores. That aspect has gone online, and they actually subcontract space in their website to 3rd party vendors. So when I wanted a Fernandes Ravelle for my birthday a couple years ago, we looked there. They had one at a good price- saved us hundreds. They also had stuff as cheap as you can think of, and an $80k Martin. However, the PX site is hit or miss- that vendor lost their contract, and the current instrument vendor doesn't have the same depth or breadth. Plus, you can't shop on it if you don't know someone who is/was a US serviceman.

In more accessible sites, Charley's is just down the street from me, and has all kinds of high-end stuff I dream about owning. Wildwood I found because they get exclusive colors from Reverend...and have all kinds of damn good stuff besides. Adirondack popped up on my radar while I was trying to help out a lefty UGer- their stock of lefties isn't the deepest, but it is one of the more diverse I've seen.

www.charleysguitar.com

http://www.wildwoodguitars.com

www.adirondackguitar.com

Hell, I have bookmarked sites I shopped at because they and only they had what I was shopping for. My Reverend cherry was popped by buying a 15th Anniversary Flatroc- only about 12 of each color were made, and they sold out fast. I lost 2 blue metal flake ones online to faster fingers, and I scoured the Internet to find one of ANY color, and found Tulsa Band Instruments.
http://www.tulsaband.com

Similarly, lust for a Fret-King got me hooked up with Frets Guitar Centre in England.www.fretsguitarcentre.co.uk/index.html

Finding these places is usually just a process of digging around and/or asking questions of the right people. Anytime I see someone get a great deal, I ask where they got it. It's one of the reasons I spend a lot of time in people's "looking for____" and NGD threads.

Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Jun 10, 2014,
And I checked my PMs- that's the one I thought you'd go for- it looked great and the price was very compelling!

thanks. i sincerely appreciate it and the effort.

is elderly good too?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Oh yeah- forgot about them! They've been around forever, and they tend to post very detailed condition guides on their used guitars, complete with photos. Makes it a LOT easier to assess the deal. I haven't bought from them yet, but have no concerns about doing so.

Their prices may be a little higher, but the amount of work they put into detailing each guitar in stock makes up for it. The extra cost is worth it because you know exactly what you're getting.

Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Jun 7, 2014,
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Oh yeah- forgot about them! They've been around forever, and they tend to post very detailed condition guides on their used guitars, complete with photos. Makes it a LOT easier to assess the deal. I haven't bought from them yet, but have no concerns about doing so.

Their prices may be a little higher, but the amount of work they put into detailing each guitar in stock makes up for it. The extra cost is worth it because you know exactly what you're getting.

i bookmarked them all.

thanks
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
check PM's
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
If you're looking for anything high end among Fender/Suhr, etc. brands, give Wild West guitars in Riverside, CA a call. Don't wait for something to pop up on their website, you'll miss maybe 80% of the amazing guitars that come through there. Unique place; it's tucked away in an industrial park and the door stays locked and there's no indication of what they do or have on the outside the building (there's a sign that says WildWest, but nothing about guitars. They don't expect OR welcome foot traffic. Knock on the door, they'll let you in, but that presupposes that you know where you are, and what kind of merchandise they have. There are room upon room of high end (no trash) guitars, but I think that they have a short list of potential customers that they contact directly when they have something really good come in used.

In short, do NOT rely on their website; CALL and tell them what you're looking for.