Quick story, little 12 year old me wandered into local music store, pats desert music. Btw 8 years later I find out said music store rips off, steals, screws over people constantly, and moves around vegas every few years hah, bastards. Anyway, 12 year old me sees an absolutely gorgeous guitar, felt like heaven....... $1200, well im never havin that. Well I do now, for a solid $500.

Found this thing on craigslist, and is in pretty great shape. Not too many dings, or should I say not as many as I expected for being a more than a few years old. Its a great guitar, not much else to say. Didnt feel as good as it did back in 2003, but considering my standards have highly increased, still a very nice guitar. The only thing that sucks is a previous owner ripped out the strap knob on the back of the guitar, drilled a new hole and was using these hooks that "looked more metal" which I didnt like, but oh well, what are ya gonna do.
I do plan to add strap locks, and replace the bridge pup with a sd black winter

And a 5150 III!

Pics of that other Jackson?
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
sweet
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i hate you, thats my dream guitar! always loved those Randy V's!! $500, thats a steal! where was this shop located? im from las vegas
wow that swirl finish looks pretty badass on the slsmg i didn't even know it was available in that finish.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
wow that swirl finish looks pretty badass on the slsmg i didn't even know it was available in that finish.

****ing want.
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
Dude, nice collection of jacksons. HNGD
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by kado.brown.18
i hate you, thats my dream guitar! always loved those Randy V's!! $500, thats a steal! where was this shop located? im from las vegas

Pats Desert Music back in 2002ish was located on rainbow and lake mead, then moved to hendrson in like 2007 maybe, and just keep moving to new locations under different names. Ive heard plenty of stories of ordered guitars that were never delivered, and then never reimbursed, or stuff like that. They even wanted to charge me almost $300 for a little wood glue and a clamp for my faded sg, everywhere else was a $70 job. Thought they could screw over some dumbass 16 year old. Never went back.
I was going to call you names out of jealousy but after hearing your story I couldn't bring myself to do it :P

I remember being young and lusting after a RR V as well, and now I also have one, although a bolt-on performer so nowhere near as nice as yours.

HNGD!!!!
Quote by Slayterica
Pats Desert Music back in 2002ish was located on rainbow and lake mead, then moved to hendrson in like 2007 maybe, and just keep moving to new locations under different names. Ive heard plenty of stories of ordered guitars that were never delivered, and then never reimbursed, or stuff like that. They even wanted to charge me almost $300 for a little wood glue and a clamp for my faded sg, everywhere else was a $70 job. Thought they could screw over some dumbass 16 year old. Never went back.

oh, ok i know where youre talking about now! I didn't live too far away from the Nellis Air Force Base, but i usually went to the sam Ash (On the whole opposite side of town -_-) sounds shady, but thats sin city for ya.. and for the record, i HATE those damn Zakk Wylde inspired (straplocks) -_- that poor V.
Ya that sam ash is nice, not the best part of town, but still good. Im more northwest of vegas, so I usually stick to the guitarcenter in summerlin. And ya those zakk wylde straplocks stink, and it wouldnt be a problem to replace but the hole the guy drilled is probably to big for a normal screws, which I hope is not the case. And I cant use the original hole on the back of the guitar because theres this metal plate right beneath the neck joint. So ill se what I can do
Quote by lemurflames
****ing want.

yeah
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Love the Ivory RR5 with pinstripes. HNGD!

Got a white one myself, with black bevels instead of the pinstripes (like the RR24 looked), didn't know there were 2 different versions of white coloured RR5's until I had owned it for a year or so. One of my favourite playing guitars.

Used ones are usually pretty banged up, comes with the shape I guess.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
That's a nice bunch of Jackson's man
Jackson DK2
1962 Fender Esquire
PEAVEY JSX 212
PEAVEY 6505+ 112
Very nice! I've always had a soft spot for an ivory-and-pinstripes RR. Was tempted with the RR5s, and tempted again with the new RRT-3!

Makes me sad to see what the last guy did with the strap pins though. Those holes don't even look neat, and I think that the thing that I'm finding the most annoying here! It's not so bad drilling a new hole, but at least do it well...

If the hole is too big for the screw you want to use, I've heard that quite a few people glue matchsticks around the edges of the hole to make it smaller and give the new screw something to bite into. Have you thought about doing that?

I'm a little baffled as to why he moved the strap button anyway, unless it was because those hooks he used were so long and he didn't want it sticking out behind the guitar. I know that on a lot of Jackson's bolt-on models, especially the Kellys, that people have found they can get rid of neck-dive by moving the strap button to one of the screws on the neck plate, and that's pretty much the same place as where the standard button is on this RR.
Quote by Confuse-a-Cat
If the hole is too big for the screw you want to use, I've heard that quite a few people glue matchsticks around the edges of the hole to make it smaller and give the new screw something to bite into. Have you thought about doing that?

I hope it doesn't come to that, but thats a good idea, thanks man.
Worse comes to worse, might take it to a guitar texh and see what they can do
Hey man,how would you compare your rr to say a ec-1000?
I have a pending trade for one on SSO and your opinion would be great
Guitars:
Esp Ec-1000 VB with Emg 81/60
Esp ec-1000 Snow White with SD Jb/Jazz
Esp ltd f-50
Amp:
Randall rd-20h
Randall rd112-v30
Pedals:
Digitech rp-1000