Page 1 of 3
What's the pits favourite alcoholic beverage? I mean, obviously beer, but I'm talking hard stuff.

Personally I've been a whiskey and coke guy but I quit drinking pop so for the most part I only drink whiskey with a little bit of water. As of late I've been drinking White Russians.
If you like the taste of whiskey it's actually quite good. You put in just enough to bring it from 40% to 30-35% so you can taste the finer things that go into whiskey rather than the alcohol
When I was younger the big thing was to buy a litre bottle of boost (energy drink) and mix it with really cheap vodka. This was a pretty killer combination for a youngin not used to the effects of alcohol, and the combination of a highly alcoholic spirit with an energy drink bursting with caffeine and sugar was quite something. They were fun times.

Nowadays sex on the beach is my go to cocktail, because it's easy and tasty. I take whiskey neat or on the rocks, never mixed.
Last edited by Duffman123 at Jun 6, 2014,
Dr Pepper. Lager, spiced rum and amaretto.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Double JD & Coke. Or if we're talking 'mixed drinks' that are more experimental...

Equal measures of JD (or other bourbon) and Cherry Sourz, with coke to taste. Called a 'Kentucky Cherry'.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Just curious whether a thread about hard stuff other drugs would be ok as well.
Not sure if a sig is a necessity.
When I drink whisky I tend to drink it straight or with ice (if it's cheap awful stuff and I'm just looking to get pissed). As far as straight-up drink+mixer goes, I feel like vodka+lemonade is a lady drink but that's the last one I've ordered (a while ago - haven't been to the bar where I could get it cheaply for ages) and I still quite like it.

As for more complicated stuff, IDK. I want to get to know whisky cocktails better. I've liked whisky sours, and Mad Men leaves me eternally intrigued by the Old Fashioned.
Quote by Guodlca
Just curious whether a thread about hard stuff other drugs would be ok as well.

In what sense? We aren't going to allow a thread discussing best combinations of hard drugs, if that's what you mean...
G&T for two reasons,

1) Tastes totally different to any other drink, which makes a nice change
2) Sophisticated drink that men can order without feeling like their masculinity is being challenged
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Quote by captainsnazz
My fav drinks are

Dr Pepper
Huddersfield tap water
Irn Bru
Lucozade apple

mix them all together

p.s. beer is proper rank m8

Talk shit about beer m8 i'll rek u swear on me mum

Some interesting stuff, the Kentucky Cherry catches my eye. G&Ts are great but never really think of them. Only time I get a complicated drink is if I don't have to mix it.

That reminds me I went to Mexico a couple years back and drank mojitos almost non stop, and we were at the bar the other day and seen it on the menu and my buds never had them. Now every sunny day is mojito day for them.

Mojito OP
Quote by captainsnazz
real talk mojitos are okay

but moscow mules are my fav if I really must drink
vodka + lime + ginger beer

Given that you love Dr. Pepper, I'm pretty confident you'd like a Kentucky Cherry if you had enough coke in the glass - tastes a bit like an alcoholic cherry coke (which I've always thought is the closest drink to Dr. Pepper that isn't Dr. Pepper).

Quote by Jmoarguitar

Some interesting stuff, the Kentucky Cherry catches my eye. G&Ts are great but never really think of them. Only time I get a complicated drink is if I don't have to mix it.

You should give it a go some time. Isn't too cheap, I'll be honest, at most places but then most cocktails and mixed drinks aren't.
Quote by captainsnazz
real talk mojitos are okay

but moscow mules are my fav if I really must drink
vodka + lime + ginger beer

You sir, have hit the nail on the head.......if I ever ask for either of those where I live though, it either costs an arm and a leg, or I get a blank stare
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Screwdrivers, and jello shots.

I thought I was boring with my mixed drinks but jeez.
I'm usually too cheap to buy a mixer so I buy the cheapest vodka and just do it, I sometimes chase it with soda or a bite of candy.
Last edited by stratkat at Jun 6, 2014,
Is an Irish Car Bomb the same as a 'Suicide Bomb'? E.g. a reverse Jagerbomb ?
Quote by angusfan16
Whiskey and coke is very good.

Irish Car Bombs are great as well

Whisky and coke is boring....Whisky and dry with lime is where it's at.

I got introduced an Irish Car Bomb last night, It tasted like creamy burnt toast......not something I tend to go out of my way to taste.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
RUM AND COKE

Or amaretto, coke, and lime juice. That one's good.

Yea I like girly drinks get over it
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Is an Irish Car Bomb the same as a 'Suicide Bomb'? E.g. a reverse Jagerbomb ?

Nah, Irish car bomb is Guiness, Irish whiskey Irish cream drunk as a bomb shot....tastes f*****g terrible.

And the instant you put the bomb shot in the glass, it curdles
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Last edited by i_lovemetallica at Jun 6, 2014,
Ah, well a Suicide Bomb is better then - it's a shot of Red Bull in a tumbler of Jagermeister.

Better in the sense that I hate Red Bull, and Jagermeister is one of the few drinks I can only drink straight.
Well, neat whisky is my drink of choice, but if you're talking cocktails, a night out? An Old Fashioned, Mojito or Vodka Martini (yes I know).
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Ah, well a Suicide Bomb is better then - it's a shot of Red Bull in a tumbler of Jagermeister.

Better in the sense that I hate Red Bull, and Jagermeister is one of the few drinks I can only drink straight.

I always get Jager shots at the bar, they're my favourite shot by far. It taste like medicine for sober people who are miserable

I've recently realized the whole mixing liquors will get you sick is absolute bullshit so I've been trying the waters with whiskey cokes/white russians/jager shots. Absolute success so far
The only time I've been particularly ill mixing strong drinks was when my mate thought it was a good idea to order double red Aftershock shots (they're a weird vodka-based, I think, shot drink, that are pretty potent) as chasers to each round of double JD and coke, and we had five or six rounds like that, plus some without the chasers earlier on. Only time I can't remember bits of a night out, and I dropped a glass on dance floor and all sorts of stuff I wouldn't normally do

When I was 16 I went to stay with my friend in Germany, too, and drank all sorts of stuff amounting to well over 30 units of alcohol, and I swear drinking half a big bottle of Evian before bed saved my life... the next day I had to go to the airport to head home, and on the car journey there I was sick every 20 mins for about 3 or 4 hours after her mom gave me a 'natural hangover remedy' that started the vomiting. Never felt so sick haha.
Quote by i_lovemetallica
Nah, Irish car bomb is Guiness, Irish whiskey Irish cream drunk as a bomb shot....tastes f*****g terrible.

And the instant you put the bomb shot in the glass, it curdles

Oh it is not that bad.

A shot of Reserve is also pretty good.
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by Jmoarguitar
I always get Jager shots at the bar, they're my favourite shot by far. It taste like medicine for sober people who are miserable

I've recently realized the whole mixing liquors will get you sick is absolute bullshit so I've been trying the waters with whiskey cokes/white russians/jager shots. Absolute success so far

Mixing liquors is a bit more general, it actually refers to not mixing different groups of alcohol, e.g. Don't mix spirits with wine, or beer with spirits. But if you're mixing different types of spirits, then it has a minimal effect, otherwise 99% of the world's cocktails would make you sick.

But if you mix those drink groups, e.g. Wine with beer, or Whisky with cider, then you'll probably feel a negative effect from it.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
I usually have rum & coke because it's cheap for me to make. I just buy a bottle of each and mix it up at a party.
I like to mix it up when I'm at a bar. I'll have rum & coke, g&t, and rye & ginger. Apparently rye&gingers aren't very common. I get weird looks all the time.

Quote by Jmoarguitar

I remember the other week the bar I was at reduced all drink prices to $2 for the last hour. I lost count of how many Jaeger shots I did. It sure was a good night.
Last edited by Extra Ordinary at Jun 6, 2014,
Quote by angusfan16
Oh it is not that bad.

A shot of Reserve is also pretty good.

I probably dislike it due to my aversion to milky alcohol E.g. Baileys....They just don't sit right in my stomach.....I don't think alcohol and dairy are meant to mix :p
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Quote by i_lovemetallica
Mixing liquors is a bit more general, it actually refers to not mixing different groups of alcohol, e.g. Don't mix spirits with wine, or beer with spirits. But if you're mixing different types of spirits, then it has a minimal effect, otherwise 99% of the world's cocktails would make you sick.

But if you mix those drink groups, e.g. Wine with beer, or Whisky with cider, then you'll probably feel a negative effect from it.

This is pretty sound advice - if I drink beer and then drink spirits I usually feel far worse the next day. Then again, if I have a few pints I'll quite often get a headache a few hours later even if it wasn't much alcohol and I'm eating at the time... must be something in a lot of lagers that doesn't agree with me
Quote by Extra Ordinary
I usually have rum & coke because it's cheap for me to make. I just buy a bottle of each and mix it up at a party.

Rum & Ginger (aka: Dark 'n' Stormy) is one of the most refreshing drinks I've ever had.....you can add pineapple juice to it as well, serve over plenty of ice.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Definitely a liquid cocaine. Although technically that is considered a shooter.
It's a shame only the high end bars can pull off a super good one.

If we're talking mixed drinks specifically, probably.... idk. Electric lemonade?
No, I know. Bacardi Oakheart + Coke.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
G&T or Slivovitz and tonic, weird but good.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by i_lovemetallica

Yeah, I think it has to do with the amount of liquids from beer and the high percentage alcohol.
Page 1 of 3