I'm looking into getting a new amp and would like some input and opinions. My style of playing is a mix of thrash and metalcore with also some death metal. I prefer a sound similar to Metallica's ...And Justice For All with also some tones similar to Trivium's Shogun. I've narrowed down amp brands to Blackstar, Peavey and Mesa Boogie. If you were to pick one of those three brands for the style of playing I prefer, which brand would you choose, which model and why would you choose it over the other brands. I know this isn't really a simple question, but I'm looking for some honest advice that isn't coming from a YouTube marketing video. I'm sort of a one man band doing mostly personal recordings and I am not looking into something loud enough for live gigs just yet and my budget would be to not exceed $600 if that's realistic. Let me know what you guys think.
Mesa is over your budget unless your patient and lucky in the used market. Have you checked out the Peavey 6505? That seems like it'd work well for you

Disclaimer: I dont play metal
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Quote by cthomas1020
I'm sort of a one man band doing mostly personal recordings and I am not looking into something loud enough for live gigs just yet and my budget would be to not exceed $600 if that's realistic. Let me know what you guys think.
You don't need an amp, you need a pod HD500x.
Look into that.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.