can anybody help of how i should practice my picking while singing, coz most of the time i stop singing and concentrate on the guitar.
Get the song down. Then bring up the lyrics and read through them slowly while playing each guitar section along with them. Nice and slow. Then start playing it faster and faster until full speed. Its really a technique you have to practice. You will eventually be able to stand, play, sing, and dance all at the same time with good practice.
Literally just practice. I remember when I first tried singing and playing Come As You Are )also first song i tried both together) and kept singing in time with the picking as opposed to the song. I just kept at it and it suddenly flows in.

Try recording yourself too so to hear any progress and non bias.
Yamaha Pacifica 112j
Marshall JCM 100DSL
Custom 2x12 G12H Extension Cab

Nevermind.........
Quote by vacant_pistol
Literally just practice. I remember when I first tried singing and playing Come As You Are )also first song i tried both together) and kept singing in time with the picking as opposed to the song. I just kept at it and it suddenly flows in.

Try recording yourself too so to hear any progress and non bias.

Its so crazy. I can play some really technical stuff while singing in all sorts of genres. But Come as you are, STILL, trips me up when i try to play and sing it LOL I dont play it too often though.
Quote by mabbamam
Get the song down. Then bring up the lyrics and read through them slowly while playing each guitar section along with them. Nice and slow. Then start playing it faster and faster until full speed. Its really a technique you have to practice. You will eventually be able to stand, play, sing, and dance all at the same time with good practice.

Exactly this. Don't try to play and sing at full speed, make sure you know how to do both by themselves then slow down and put them together.
When you watch people sing and play flawlessly you sometimes automatically think "They must be born with it" or "They just do it naturally". I can promise you now that even if they tell you that is how it happened they are lying.

It takes a ton of practice just like when first picking up the guitar, or playing drums, or driving a car for that matter. When you are trying to do many things at the same time it can be tough for your brain so do it slow so as to not convince yourself it is impossible and just build up the speed till eventually you have it. You will need to do this with every song but the more songs you learn to play and sing the easier it will become.
To add to people telling you it just takes practice, I master one first until I can do it without any thinking (almost always, I master the guitar part and focus on singing). I play the song in question whilst I'm doing things like reading or watching television and then gradually add singing.
You either need to be exceptional at multitasking or practice to the point you can either sing or play the song without really thinking about it.
Quote by Neopowell the PUSO
Girls, stuck for a present? Get your man a remote control helicopter. Guys fucking love remote control helicopters.

Mah gear

Ibanez RG350mdx w/ SD TB-6
Ibanez RG7321 <3
Vyper 15
Ashdown EB 12-180 EVO II Combo

7>6!