Hello, Im deciding in wich guitar buy, Im actually very confused about this, there are two guitars that entry in my price range:

Schecter Stealth C1:

Schecter Stealth C1

Schecter Demon 6

Shecter Demon 6

The things that I like from both is that them didn´t has floyd rose and they are red, but, the things that make me thing carefully my decitions are this:

-> Demon 6 is Basswood with Flamed mapple top, but Stealth c1 is Mahogay (ve heard mahogany is the best tonal wood), in this one im going for stealth

-> Demon 6 has active electronics, Duncan Designed HB-105, but Stealth C1 has custom Shecter pickups (passives), in this one im going for Demon

-> Demon 6 doesn´t has a Push Pull, Stealth C1 has one, in this one, im going for stealth

-> Demon 6 has TOM bridge with Stringh Through body, Stealth has fixed bridge, I prefeer TOM, in this one, Demon wins

I record in home with Pod Farm, and Passive pickups are giving me a lot of noise, I´ve heard I need high output pickups or actives, so demon wins this point, I want a long sustain, and Stealth has seth neck, so, It will give me more sustain than demon´s bolt-on , I play metalcore, and I want a better sounding guitar than my cort kx5, so, which guitar would be better?
This is rather tough, as both guitars provide something good in each area

The Demon as actives, bolt on (I prefer bolt ons), a TOM (I personally hate them, but you like them), and basswood (I like basswood, used in most Ibanez guitars)

The stealth has a set-neck construction, passives (More passives than actives available on the market), the push pull pots, and a hardtail (I personally prefer hardtails)

It's all up to you

You might prefer the actives, but, compared to something like a duncan distortion or some BKPs, actives are very compressed and usually dont let all of the strings be heard that well (Clarity)

I personally would choose the stealth, as, with the except of the Demon 7 strings, I have not seem that many reviews on them.

Regarding POD Farm, have you purchased any of the addons?

And, what is your setup with POD Farm? I cant even use it till I get my audio set up.
Quote by Masoo2
This is rather tough, as both guitars provide something good in each area

The Demon as actives, bolt on (I prefer bolt ons), a TOM (I personally hate them, but you like them), and basswood (I like basswood, used in most Ibanez guitars)

The stealth has a set-neck construction, passives (More passives than actives available on the market), the push pull pots, and a hardtail (I personally prefer hardtails)

It's all up to you

You might prefer the actives, but, compared to something like a duncan distortion or some BKPs, actives are very compressed and usually dont let all of the strings be heard that well (Clarity)

I personally would choose the stealth, as, with the except of the Demon 7 strings, I have not seem that many reviews on them.

Regarding POD Farm, have you purchased any of the addons?

And, what is your setup with POD Farm? I cant even use it till I get my audio set up.

I use Pod Farm 2.7 FREE, mi "interface" is an Alesis Multimix 4 USB and my DAW is Mixcraft 5, I downloaded ASIO 4 ALL but Driver Easy found the device as a BEHRINGER (what weird) and it installed BEHRINGER ASIO drivers for the Alesis, so Asio 4 ALL detects it as a BEHRINGER device
Well the push pull is for coil splitting witch you very rarely see on active pickups and if you want high output pickups coil splitting won't be much use to you.

Bolt on vs set necks iv seen reviews videos and small study's proving both bolts have the best and worst sustain. There are to many things that effect sustain to tell what ones better from a list of specs.

Type of wood the guitars made out of is heavily debated weather it makes any difference. Personally I believe it dose when playing relitivly clean I'm not so sure it makes any difference with heavy distortion. It sounds like you will be using a lot of distortion and effects so I wouldn't worry about wood.
Last edited by mhanbury2 at Jun 7, 2014,
Mahogany isn't the best, wood choice, at least once you get up to the high-end woods, is pretty much personal preference (and also dependent on the type of tone you're going for). Also I'd doubt that schecter is even using the same species of mahogany as the really sought-after mahogany that all the tonehounds go crazy over, anyway.

That being said I suspect the stealth is the higher-end model- it's made in korea and the other is made in indonesia. Normally korean-made models (talking about export guitars here) are higher up the food chain than Indonesian.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?