Just out of interest, why do you want to know?

I don't want to answer your question and maybe give you the wrong end of the stick, kind of thing. I'm not entirely sure what you're asking, in other words.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
Just out of interest, why do you want to know?

I don't want to answer your question and maybe give you the wrong end of the stick, kind of thing. I'm not entirely sure what you're asking, in other words.

Well as I said, I was thinking about replacing my h90 with a single coil p90.
I have a dog ear p90 and basically what I'm thinking is that I'd keep my cover and replace the humbucker, but I can't find any dog ear p90's where I live so I thought maybe soapbar p90's are the same under the cover?

Or am I misunderstanding something now?
If I remember right, soapbar and dog ear mount differently. You probably need a dog ear P90. All of mine are soapbar style. A good question for the pros at Seymour Duncan.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_18?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=seymour+duncan+p90&sprefix=seymour+duncan+p90%2Caps%2C341&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Aseymour+duncan+p90
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Check the pickup spec charts on the Seymour Duncan site, they will give exact dimensions of pickups. IIRC, the pickups themselves are exactly the same dimensions, and it it just a case of choosing the cover you want.

However, there might be a difference in pole spacing between US and Asian made pickups and covers, so that is a potential mismatch. I've been caught like that with humbucker covers.

I just checked the SD site. Their antiquity dogear and soapbar have exaclt the same pickup dimensions:

http://www.seymourduncan.com/products/electric/specialized/p-90-guitar-pickups/1103461_62_neck/

http://www.seymourduncan.com/products/electric/specialized/p-90-guitar-pickups/1103465_66_neck/
Last edited by Tony Done at Jun 7, 2014,
Quote by juliusxxrock
Well as I said, I was thinking about replacing my h90 with a single coil p90.
I have a dog ear p90 and basically what I'm thinking is that I'd keep my cover and replace the humbucker, but I can't find any dog ear p90's where I live so I thought maybe soapbar p90's are the same under the cover?

Or am I misunderstanding something now?

Ah I see what you mean now.

It'd be worth checking the prices of dog-ear P90s- they might not be any more expensive, and if they're not I'd probably just get a dog-ear from the get-go since you'll know it should work and fit. EDIT: Ah I see, they're not available where you are, that makes more sense.

As far as I'm aware they're the same type of pickup under the cover, but whether they're the exact same dimensions, I'm not sure.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Jun 7, 2014,